m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
ICON Alloys Thrust in Satin Black. I think they look great on it and I haven't seen on any other JT's.
@en2dirt Any report on how your Softopper is working? Any issues ? Thanks

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Do you know if there are other racks that would work with the Softopper?
The design of Adarac bed racks lends itself to being used with the soft topper with some modification.

I ordered the aluminum "contour" version for the Gladiator over the holidays and when it arrived I could tell that the uprights were not high enough to give much clearance to anything extending over the cab. So I sent it back and ordered one for an F-250 which has taller uprights and should give roughly 3 in of clearance over the cab. The bed rails will have to be cut to fit but that's good because the Gladiator rails were about 6 in shorter than the soft topper rails.. I've seen this configuration done on RAM pickups, we'll see how well it works with the Gladiator.

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
@en2dirt Any report on how your Softopper is working? Any issues ? Thanks
I had installed during a three week, 2,700 mile road trip up the Pacific Northwest flat towing my Gladiator behind my RV. We hit quite a bit of rain on the way back down and I didn't notice any water in the bed of the truck. The Softopper held up great!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I had installed during a three week, 2,700 mile road trip up the Pacific Northwest flat towing my Gladiator behind my RV. We hit quite a bit of rain on the way back down and I didn't notice any water in the bed of the truck. The Softopper held up great!
Awesome. Thanks

SillyWillys

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Has anybody measured (or can anybody measure...) the inside height and width (at the top) of their softopper?

I'm trying to assess if I'd be able to put some bicycles in the bed underneath one

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody measured (or can anybody measure...) the inside height and width (at the top) of their softopper?

I'm trying to assess if I'd be able to put some bicycles in the bed underneath one
Possibly, as long as they're not real tall. I know I could just fit my son's KLX110L (small dirt bike) in under the bars. I'll get measurements as soon as I unload my snow blower and put it back on.

Sponsored

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
How have you liked this combo (decked system + soft topper)?

I'm looking at this with a different brand soft topper, but worried that it'll be cumbersome to load every day items in the truck bed as it appears you'd have to unzip/open the rear of the topper to have enough room to set things back there on top of the Decked. (Not a big deal in the summer, but I worry about -15 like it was in MN this morning)

It doesn't look like there would be enough room to just drop the tailgate and slip groceries, watersoftner salt, 12 pack, etc back there without opening the topper?

Is that an accurate and valid concern or no?

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
Bringing this back from the dead. I was searching the thru Googles to see if I could get some pros/cons on these and came across a gent on YouTube that more less gave up on the tailgate velcro and the front window was giving him some issues with coming loose while driving. Has anyone on here experienced the same? Other issues? Thank much.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up going with the @Bestop Supertop in twill to match my factory soft top. Works great.

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Bringing this back from the dead. I was searching the thru Googles to see if I could get some pros/cons on these and came across a gent on YouTube that more less gave up on the tailgate velcro and the front window was giving him some issues with coming loose while driving. Has anyone on here experienced the same? Other issues? Thank much.
I love my Softopper. No issues with window and I just put a small strip of velcro on the tailgate to keep secured. I don't run with it on all the time. Usually I put on when we head out of town or hit the trails to keep my totes of recovery gear somewhat shielded from wandering eyes if I stop someplace.

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
I love my Softopper. No issues with window and I just put a small strip of velcro on the tailgate to keep secured. I don't run with it on all the time. Usually I put on when we head out of town or hit the trails to keep my totes of recovery gear somewhat shielded from wandering eyes if I stop someplace.
Copy that, thank you. The main concern is keeping the amount of dust and crap that gets into the bed down. I definitely like the fact that you can get solid, tinted, or screen rear windows for it. I would need the solid back window to keep things out of sight, which is the other thing on my mind.
Sponsored