Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I was opening up my house at 5:30 this morning and caught someone scoping out my Glad. He was driving a raised older Cherokee with loud ratty exhaust. The fool made a u-turn next door and stopped to take a better look before he saw me on my porch watching him. He drove off only to stop a half block away and sat blacked out for several minutes before driving off blacked out. I'm retired LE and was standing there with Atticus (see photo) so this could have gone bad for him on several levels. Question is, is there a better way other than what came on the Glad to secure it. In California all Jeeps, especially the Gladiators are regularly targeted for theft.
Jeep Gladiator Someone's scoping my Gladiator Atticus Har
Sponsored

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry....but move :)

Thanks for your service as LEO!!!

Dog looks amazing.
Both wife and I are retired LE and lived in the city we served for more than a combined 54 years. Not likely to move after owning our home for over 40 years. I was wondering if there is an aftermarket device to better secure the Jeep. Atticus is a well trrained Giant Schnauzer. He knows what to do if there is a problem, but would like to avoid the hassle if he is deployed.

Sponsored

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
So...here is an idea for you. And I think it would work amazing.

Motion sensor lights on the jeep. Imagine some leds that turn ok when sensing motion . Install some under the vehicle for example.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Donā€™t take this the wrong way but if you and your wife are retired LE donā€™t you have a lot of experience with criminals and what deters them in your area?

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
I was opening up my house at 5:30 this morning and caught someone scoping out my Glad. He was driving a raised older Cherokee with loud ratty exhaust. The fool made a u-turn next door and stopped to take a better look before he saw me on my porch watching him. He drove off only to stop a half block away and sat blacked out for several minutes before driving off blacked out. I'm retired LE and was standing there with Atticus (see photo) so this could have gone bad for him on several levels. Question is, is there a better way other than what came on the Glad to secure it. In California all Jeeps, especially the Gladiators are regularly targeted for theft.
Jeep Gladiator Someone's scoping my Gladiator Atticus Har
I use Arlo Cameras with a Verizon cell service for $15 per month after purchase of the camera. Its set to send me a notification if there's movement at my gates. If you have good WiFi you could get on with out paying the cell service

FoxForce4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT HA
When you say "targeted for theft" do you mean the whole thing or items inside or on the vehicle?

Without knowing too much, 5:30am seems a terrible time to be out and about stealing crap. Dog walkers, joggers, bicyclists abound- not to mention commuters- at least they do here, and I'm often one of them.

Then again, crack/crankheads and idiots in general aren't noted for their planning skills.

Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
I use Arlo Cameras with a Verizon cell service for $15 per month after purchase of the camera. Its set to send me a notification if there's movement at my gates. If you have good WiFi you could get on with out paying the cell service
This. The modern camera systems are amazing, and the low light/night vision capabilities are legit. A couple cameras on the house with ā€œtrip wireā€ zones and youā€™re all set to not only record the action but get text message alerts. You can even turn it on remotely to see whatā€™s going on at home if youā€™re away.

Crooks hate these systems.

ClunkyJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I donā€™t want to make it seem like you are overly stressed about this. But I donā€™t see much reason to worry about a vehicle that can be replaced tomorrow by another one from the dealership. Have your basic security like lights and a camera, insure it , and live your life.

As a current LEO I know itā€™s hard not to take it personal. But it is easy to get obsessed about stuff like this.

i have heard stories of people financing 110% on a flashy ride then get totaled or have it stolen and they donā€™t have the means to claw there way out of a bad decision. But if you have a retirement and a house I wouldnā€™t stress about this. You carried enough stress for the area you worked in throughout your career.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Back in the day- for high theft cars, there was usually an isolated dead man switch hidden somewhere to bypass the ignition- there has to be a modern equivalent

Last edited:

LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I know some Jeep JK owners here in SoCal who have installed Ravelco anti-theft devices but I havenā€™t seen one on a JL/JT. It will prevent a hotwire or key fob replication theft.
Sponsored