Spacers question - Rubicon suspension on Overland

astro7982

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Need advice: I just put 35s (BFGoodrich all-terrain t/a ko2) on my Overland.

Currently, I have the Rubicon stock suspension I picked up from someone local, as well as their wheels which the 35s are mounted on. When I go from lock to lock (turning all the way), I am rubbing slightly on my sway bar.

I was not really considering spacers, but it looks like I need them. If I do go with spacers won't it mess with the geometry of the truck? If not, why.

Sorry for such a newb question, but I want this truck to last. :)
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Need advice: I just put 35s (BFGoodrich all-terrain t/a ko2) on my Overland.

Currently, I have the Rubicon stock suspension I picked up from someone local, as well as their wheels which the 35s are mounted on. When I go from lock to lock (turning all the way), I am rubbing slightly on my sway bar.

I was not really considering spacers, but it looks like I need them. If I do go with spacers won't it mess with the geometry of the truck? If not, why.

Sorry for such a newb question, but I want this truck to last. :)
Wheel spacers don’t alter the geometry of the suspension. They do increase the “scrub radius”, which increases steering effort slightly. Go with a reputable brand, in a conservative width, and you will be fine. 1-5/8” and 1-3/4” widths are typical for JL/JT wheel spacers.

OP
OP
astro7982

astro7982

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Wheel spacers don’t alter the geometry of the suspension. They do increase the “scrub radius”, which increases steering effort slightly. Go with a reputable brand, in a conservative width, and you will be fine. 1-5/8” and 1-3/4” widths are typical for JL/JT wheel spacers.
Any you recommend?

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
There are several brands out there, and the prices range from reasonable to pricey. Kinda depends on how much you want to spend, what color you want, etc. Mainly, stay away from anything manufactured overseas. I just ordered a set for my daughter's JKU Sport because she wanted my stock JTR wheels/tires, and the tires rub at full lockout. I ordered the spacers from www.krawloff-road.com. Austin at KOR is great to deal with, and their prices are pretty competitive. I've ordered several parts from him over the years. I checked multiple other sites, but most were sold out.