Spare tire- tire pressure monitor

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
The spare tire does NOT have a sensor in it. I just put new wheels and tires on my Gladiator. I purchased a new oem sensor on ebay and had it installed on my spare so I can rotate them all in.
Good info and damn the engineers can’t outsmart their own lol.
Sponsored

Jensen66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Parts guy at dealer just told me if I put a sensor in the spare it will mess up the system. Anyone confirm or refute the claim? I am used to rotating all five tires on my wrangler and want to do the same on the Gladiator to get more out of the tires. Any actual experience here?

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Parts guy at dealer just told me if I put a sensor in the spare it will mess up the system. Anyone confirm or refute the claim? I am used to rotating all five tires on my wrangler and want to do the same on the Gladiator to get more out of the tires. Any actual experience here?[/QUOTE

It absolutely does not affect the TPS monitoring system whatsoever. My works perfectly fine. I just rotated my tires and I rotate my spare 37 in and it worked flawlessly.

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
Got a flat today and only have driven 1300 miles on the gladiator. I had to watch the mopar video to learn how to winch the spare tire down.

So, I am guessing it doesn't have a sensor in it? Cause my reading on the dash says "--" and is red. And TMPS light is on too.

Sponsored

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
So, I am guessing it doesn't have a sensor in it?
Correct. Unless you put one in the spare, the stock spare does not have a TPMS sensor. At least mine didn't.

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got a flat today and only have driven 1300 miles on the gladiator. I had to watch the mopar video to learn how to winch the spare tire down.

So, I am guessing it doesn't have a sensor in it? Cause my reading on the dash says "--" and is red. And TMPS light is on too.
Nope. there is not a sensor in the spare.
Sponsored