Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t say wired wrong, because it seems to be consistent, but definitely reversed for some engineering reason. I’m not gonna defend them because I just found this beauty of wire routing in the door. Just route the harness right up against the window crank, by design🤦🏼‍♂️

73D78895-7068-4980-AEC3-2A345BA5B092.jpeg
I wouldn't be surprised if the engineering and design was correct, the implementation on the line was incorrect.
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Is anybody else’s front passenger knee panel oem speaker negative polarity while all the others are positive polarity ? Changing out knee panels today checked polarity on all the others they are positive .
I checked mine about a year ago and it popped "Green" also, it seems consistent judging by other JT owners and probably intended by the manufacturer. When I upgraded all the speakers, I made sure all of them popping in the same direction.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Is anybody else’s front passenger knee panel oem speaker negative polarity while all the others are positive polarity ? Changing out knee panels today checked polarity on all the others they are positive .
I bought this cheap polarity/phase tester to test the speakers in my base system after upgrading the upper dash and soundbar speakers. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQ55QHL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I had swapped the wiring of the Metra adapters for the upgrade speakers and the tester showed the upgrade speakers with positive polarity and the factory knee panel speakers with negative polarity. I temporarily reinstalled the factory speakers on the driver's side dash and sound bar for testing and all 4 of the driver's side factory speakers tested as negative polarity.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I bought this cheap polarity/phase tester to test the speakers in my base system after upgrading the upper dash and soundbar speakers. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQ55QHL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I had swapped the wiring of the Metra adapters for the upgrade speakers and the tester showed the upgrade speakers with positive polarity and the factory knee panel speakers with negative polarity. I temporarily reinstalled the factory speakers on the driver's side dash and sound bar for testing and all 4 of the driver's side factory speakers tested as negative polarity.
So you are saying from the factory, yours were ALL negative? (at least they matched)
You reinstalled the factory speakers on the left side - upper dash and bar, and they all tested negative - saying from the factory they were all negative - if I'm understanding that correctly after smelling the fumes of my plating stuff and acids all afternoon........

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
So you are saying from the factory, yours were ALL negative? (at least they matched)
You reinstalled the factory speakers on the left side - upper dash and bar, and they all tested negative - saying from the factory they were all negative - if I'm understanding that correctly after smelling the fumes of my plating stuff and acids all afternoon........
Yes, that's what I'm saying. With the original speakers reinstalled in my base system (driver's side only), my tester showed them as all negative polarity.

I could hear an improvement in the sound when I rewired my upgraded speakers so that all the speakers were negative polarity. But when I tried the Infinity 3032s in the upper dash wired for negative polarity, they sounded terrible. They sound better wired for positive polarity even when the rest of the speakers were negative polarity.

I don't know how much I trust these testers, but so far mine has been 100% accurate at detecting any polarity changes I have made.
Sponsored