First Name
kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Coal miner
I need help. I have a 2022 Jeep Gladiator overland I purchased on 12/23/22. I bought a speed turtle module for my lights to flash. I can’t figure out where the OBD2 pass through wires are. I am supposed to connect a part of the mod to the wires , and the other part to the OBD2 connection. Anyone know how to connect this thing ?
Sponsored

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
OP
OP

Knugent56

First Name
kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Coal miner
Never heard of speed turtle, but I googled it and the one part plugs into the security gateway, which is located up and behind the OBD2 port in the Gladiator.

This site is for a different product but does a good job describing and showing you what you are looking for -
http://jscan.net/fca-security-gateway-module-basic-info-and-location/

http://jscan.net/jl-jt-security-bypass/
Thank you. I’m still lost. I need to find the right cables to disconnect and connect to the mod. I don’t wanna mess up anything

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I had never heard of this either. But the directions they post on their website seem clear enough.
You need to unplug the 2 cables from the Security Gateway way up under the dash above the OBD port, and plug those cables into your new bypass module instead. Pretty much just like connecting Zautomotive's Tazer.

BTW, I guess whatever works for you, but this thing basically seems to just do a light show for almost $200?

Jeep Gladiator Speed Turtle Module install? 1672597424163

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind, you pretty much MUST unplug that speed turtle bypass module and reconnect the security gateway before taking your Jeep to the dealer. They won't be able to properly use their diagnostic equipment, and could potentially even damage your Jeep's computer.

OP
OP

Knugent56

First Name
kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Coal miner
I need help. I have a 2022 Jeep Gladiator overland I purchased on 12/23/22. I bought a speed turtle module for my lights to flash. I can’t figure out where the OBD2 pass through wires are. I am supposed to connect a part of the mod to the wires , and the other part to the OBD2 connection. Anyone know how to connect this thing ?
thanks guys. It was difficult to get to, but I found them and it’s working now. Thanks a bunch

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks guys. It was difficult to get to, but I found them and it’s working now. Thanks a bunch
Glad you got it figured out. Just curious, did you consider a Tazer instead? It costs a bit more, but does the light show stuff (utilizing the oem keyfob or sheering wheel buttons) plus a TON of other features a lot of people like.

OP
OP

Knugent56

First Name
kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Coal miner
Glad you got it figured out. Just curious, did you consider a Tazer instead? It costs a bit more, but does the light show stuff (utilizing the oem keyfob or sheering wheel buttons) plus a TON of other features a lot of people like.
I had already purchased the
I had already purchased the speed turtle, so I didn’t consider any others

Sponsored

OP
OP

Knugent56

First Name
kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Coal miner
Thank you. I’m still lost. I need to find the right cables to disconnect and connect to the mod. I don’t wanna mess up anything
I’m returning the mod. Apparently, when left connected, the dash lights stay on , like “ press brake pedal to start “. No thanks. I’m not ruining my new truck.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
I’m returning the mod. Apparently, when left connected, the dash lights stay on , like “ press brake pedal to start “. No thanks. I’m not ruining my new truck.
Look at the Tazer. Can program the lights, activate with the key fob or preset steering wheel button.
Can read out codes. Reset them.
And it is future proof if ever you do any mods.
There is a list of things I can see is useful to a firefighter. From deactivating some of the alarms to a winch mode that raises the rpm.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Look at the Tazer. Can program the lights, activate with the key fob or preset steering wheel button.
Tazer can flash lights while underway.
Sponsored