Sport S Max Tow - Stoked new owner, 11.5% under invoice

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
What was the finance rate they made you take (or pay the extra 1500)?

Also that's a high dealer fee. That's probably close to 2% of the invoice price.
the dealer fee is somewhat consistent for Northern VA. I generally see $499-799 up here. I calculated invoice just over $47k so it’s really like 1.5%, but even still a couple hundred more there for several thousand more savings is worth it.

Financing wasn’t great, but it had zero early penalties and I had better USAA financing. I think the original deal was 4.95% with Suntrust and I refinanced it before the first payment with USAA and cut it down below 3.5%.

Aslo, this was before the current $2k rebate so you’d likely get a similar number swapping a finance rebate for the mopar rebate.
Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
the dealer fee is somewhat consistent for Northern VA. I generally see $499-799 up here
Yeah, that's what I was finding when shopping around. I also noticed, like you said, that VA and MD dealers are allowed to subtract the freight charge from the MSRP and label it a discount, only to charge you freight as an added fee.

No doubt you got a good deal.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Sometimes pushing back against dealer greed works in an unexpected way. After I thought we had a deal on a red JT, the dealer decided he wanted $2k more the next morning when we came back. We walked and about that time, my wife got a call from the dealer on the other side of town where she bought her van recently. This other dealer promised to do a little better than the original deal we got on the red JT. It turns out that they did, and we got a white softtop JT. She loves the top, and I prefer white, so refusing to be a victim at the first place paid off in unexpected but good ways.
Sponsored