Sponsored

Sport S Must Come With Hardtop Headliner and Slush Mats????

Ian8

I am trying to order a build through Dulles Motorcars in Leesburg Virginia, and the saleswoman is telling me I cannot order my Sport S without slush mats or the headliner. She says they are “required” and that they cannot be unselected in the build designer. She also says that the body colored fender flares are no longer available to order. Anybody know anything about this?
I wouldn’t mind having a headliner or slush mats except that it costs more than $700 to add the both of them.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to order a build through Dulles Motorcars in Leesburg Virginia, and the saleswoman is telling me I cannot order my Sport S without slush mats or the headliner. She says they are “required” and that they cannot be unselected in the build designer. She also says that the body colored fender flares are no longer available to order. Anybody know anything about this?
I wouldn’t mind having a headliner or slush mats except that it costs more than $700 to add the both of them.
The slush mats are nice, don't know much about the headliner. They aren't worth that much though, you can buy them for $110 on Amazon

Mopar Jeep Gladiator Front & Rear Complete Set of 4 Rubber Floor Mats OEM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RST3WS2/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_TiZYEb3PN074Y

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I was looking at ordering a Sport S from Koons and my salesperson said the same thing about the headliner. You may want to hold off. It could be that they over manufactured hard tops with headliners. I don’t see why slush mats would be mandatory though.

OP
OP

Ian8

OP
OP

Ian8

I was looking at ordering a Sport S from Koons and my salesperson said the same thing about the headliner. You may want to hold off. It could be that they over manufactured hard tops with headliners. I don’t see why slush mats would be mandatory though.
I bet you are right about the headliners.
Hopefully, it is also just a temporary holdup with the body-color fender flares. Otherwise, if it is permanent, that would be a real bummer.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe wait until the factory is back up to speed and the production backlog is cleared out.

It could also be as mentioned, there's too many tops with headliners already installed, and they are coming up on the end of the model year.

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
Are you trying to order the 8.4 radio group? That might be causing the need for the extra options. I just a got a quote back on a Sport S with the Popular Equipment Group and was not required to get the slush mats or headliner.

OP
OP

Ian8

Are you trying to order the 8.4 radio group? That might be causing the need for the extra options. I just a got a quote back on a Sport S with the Popular Equipment Group and was not required to get the slush mats or headliner.
No, I was only getting the popular equipment group because I thought that was the best deal to get the hardtop and 7” radio (the tow package is a nice bonus). I reached out to several other dealerships asking for clarification on this and for their price, but all of them have yet to respond to my emails. I am not in a hurry to buy the truck, now that I lost my job. But, I do want to order it before they end the 2020 model year and jack up the prices for the 2021s. Which dealer did you get your quote from?

MAJT20GOBI

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S M/T
That's Bull crap.. I ordered my Sport S with Hardtop, I opt'd out of the Headliner and did not order the Slush mats.. They just want more $$ from you

OP
OP

Ian8

That's Bull crap.. I ordered my Sport S with Hardtop, I opt'd out of the Headliner and did not order the Slush mats.. They just want more $$ from you
That is what I am thinking. As soon as I started asking about taking that additional $700 off the build price, they stopped talking to me.

Sponsored

MAJT20GOBI

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S M/T
That is what I am thinking. As soon as I started asking about taking that additional $700 off the build price, they stopped talking to me.
I'd walk.. there are other dealers around

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
I’m very curious to hear if it’s the dealer or FCA. I’ve tried to order a few times previously But couldn’t ultimately because manual transmission wasn’t available, but each time there were different options required. I was looking at Rubicon at the time, but they started requiring proximity key, slush mats, and forward facing camera. Different dealers would have the same requirements depending on what FCA was requiring at the time, as I’d check around every time this happened. A few dealers said that FCA just ends up with too much stock of some thing and forces people to buy it until The stock runs down. Curious if that’s the case now with the headliners.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I’m very curious to hear if it’s the dealer or FCA. I’ve tried to order a few times previously But couldn’t ultimately because manual transmission wasn’t available, but each time there were different options required. I was looking at Rubicon at the time, but they started requiring proximity key, slush mats, and forward facing camera. Different dealers would have the same requirements depending on what FCA was requiring at the time, as I’d check around every time this happened. A few dealers said that FCA just ends up with too much stock of some thing and forces people to buy it until The stock runs down. Curious if that’s the case now with the headliners.
When I was researching before I actually ordered, I found that the online build site changed from time to time as to what options were allowed or required together. What the reasons were I could only speculate, but it's a fact it changes.

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
My Sport s has the mats but no headliners.
Sponsored