Sponsored

Spotted: GATOR vs GOBI Gladiator!

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Yeah, I posted matching tops on the other Gobi thread because I hadn't seen any. It looks super sharp.
20191029_083145.jpg
How sharp would that top look on a Gator?

BOONEDOG

First Name
Boone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Gator, Max Tow Package, Uconnect 3 with 5" screen, Alpine Premium Audio, Hothead Liners, Freedom 3 Piece Roof, Cargo Group Package with Trail Rail
Occupation
Retired
View attachment 41498 Liked the Gator on the Jeep site, love OD as a color and that is what I imagined Gator would be like. But felt like this was a color that would honor a vet, which Iā€™m not. I would have felt a little ā€œfakeā€ riding around in it (please donā€™t think Iā€™m judging by saying that, Iā€™m not. Itā€™s just the way that I would have felt about me). Had I known how it REALLY looked I would have been fine. It is actually exactly how I pictured Gobi, which in reality just looks like sand.

So when I began hunting for a Gladiator the Gobi was my 1st choice. I tried to order a Gobi with a manual transmission but my dealer told me that there was a hold on ordering the MT. Stingray was my 2ed choice and I found exactly the truck I wanted in SR about 3 hours from my home. I grabbed it and am SO SO happy. After seeing this post I realize that I really did get my #1 color choice in the long run. In the sunlight it has a pleasing amount of a green tone to it. But mostly it is a really nice, understated (as in not metallic) gray. Beautiful! View attachment 41498

40047DFA-92DD-47CC-97B8-12414CF01CDD.jpeg
I'm confused, what color is this? Gator or Sting Gray?

dmzuniga

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Suburban
I'm confused, what color is this? Gator or Sting Gray?
Part of the "trompe l'oeil" (fool the eye) is all the greenery reflecting off the paint color, making the grey appear grey-greenish. If that same vehicle was parked next to blue water, it would appear grey-bluish; or if in the desert, it would appear grey-beige.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
There was a Gator Sport S on the dealer lot when I picked up my GQM Rubi. I thought I wanted Gator until I saw it in the sun surrounded by hundreds of other cars. The GQM spoke to me and thatā€™s what I bought. I REALLY wanted Gator, but thought it would be darker and greener. Perhaps next time...

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Kind of agree about Gator. So much brown in it that if often appears muddy and just dull. Just my opinion. I want Saddle, so for me Gobi is out because too much tan. At this point for me, Gator and Hydro are neck-and-neck. Wife prefers Hydro, so there's that.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Happy wife, happy life, plus itā€™s a win/win for you!

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Happy wife, happy life, plus itā€™s a win/win for you!
True, but the Hydro is very vibrant, and Gator reserved. The Gator suits my nature better, as I'm a keep my head down type of guy. Plus I hunt and camp quite a bit, and plan to wheel it some. Gator seems a better fit for that stuff as well. I like to blend in . . . wife is OK with either color.
First world problems, without a doubt.

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Picked up my Gator on Friday night, a little color shock when I woke up this morning... I hope it grows on me or I can see about a OD wrap.. should have waited to see one before ordering...

Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
On the rubicon dash display, looks like Jeep gave us a preview of the color, look at the gas gauge color, looks like gator to me, at least what came out...

OKC Adonis

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I was hoping for a Gladiator color that was similar to Commando Green.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Was going to go for the "Gator Green" till I saw the actual pics.NOT the green I wanted.Soo,I wrapped mine in a mat OD green.
20191224_140825.jpg
That's the color I was hoping for... What was the original color?

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Price tag on the wrap
Sponsored