Sponsored

Squeaky arm rest

tinman

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Mazda 3 AWD hatchback, 14 Ducati Monster 1200, 17 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer
Occupation
business owner
Hi everyone!
Have under 2600 miles on my Gobi Overland and the armrest is driving me nuts. Any kind or weight and it squeaks. Not high pitched, no rattle like anything is loose, just know that it’s moving. Any one else?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone!
Have under 2600 miles on my Gobi Overland and the armrest is driving me nuts. Any kind or weight and it squeaks. Not high pitched, no rattle like anything is loose, just know that it’s moving. Any one else?
If it squeaks, something is moving, If something is moving, then something is either loose, or something is able to flex or rub against something else. (such as plastic or vinyl against plastic or vinyl)
Should be fairly easy to determine which - either loose, or rubbing/flexing against something.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi everyone!
Hi Noel,
We understand why this would be frustrating. If you choose to bring this concern to the attention of your dealer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message for any additional support.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Keller

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Noel

Mine does the same on my Rubicon. Drives me nuts, going to take a look at it closer this afternoon.

Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
ok.. not to minimize the issue of a squeaky arm rest... but... compared to other issues...

Keller

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So I looked at the armrest and determined it is the latch and anchor on the bottom compartment that is causing the noise. I’m going to try some lube on it..

OP
OP

tinman

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Mazda 3 AWD hatchback, 14 Ducati Monster 1200, 17 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer
Occupation
business owner
ok.. not to minimize the issue of a squeaky arm rest... but... compared to other issues...
I know, right??

I did have the chance to take it to my local dealership. They tightened the upper part down a bit and the noise is gone. I told them I didn’t want to attempt anything myself, but I was in and out in about 45 minutes and 4 signatures later!
Sponsored