Squeaky Springs at 5 months?

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Yeah that’s what I have been doing but its been getting worse over time. Having to do it about every week now. Shouldn’t have to do anything in my opinion for $3000.00 shocks especially with less than 10k miles on them.
You need to use a good quality silicone grease like the grease I linked to. Not the spray-on crap or lithium spray.

But, I agree 100% that you shouldn't have to do anything to the shocks to keep them from squeaking. Do you think that when you have them rebuilt something is going to be done differently to keep them from squeaking again in the future?
Sponsored

Ray Howrad

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Tow Package
You need to use a good quality silicone grease like the grease I linked to. Not the spray-on crap or lithium spray.

But, I agree 100% that you shouldn't have to do anything to the shocks to keep them from squeaking. Do you think that when you have them rebuilt something is going to be done differently to keep them from squeaking again in the future?
I did a silicone spray and it literally lasted hours before the squeak returned. Went to homedepot and got the grease you suggested and it’s been quiet for three days. Hopefully it’s a long term solution. Are yours still quiet?

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I did a silicone spray and it literally lasted hours before the squeak returned. Went to homedepot and got the grease you suggested and it’s been quiet for three days. Hopefully it’s a long term solution. Are yours still quiet?
Yes they are!!
Sponsored