Sponsored

Steel bumper swap - difference between LED fog lights?

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Diesel, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler
I swapped a steel winch bumper onto my Overland and am now questioning if the fog lights in the steel bumper (pictured right below) are a downgrade from the ones that fit in the stock plastic bumper (pictured left below). Anyone know if there's any functional difference between these? There's no way that I can tell to use the Overland ones in the steel bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Steel bumper swap - difference between LED fog lights? 1625413854724

Jeep Gladiator Steel bumper swap - difference between LED fog lights? 1625413902244
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Same light, different bracket. The one on the left is out of a plastic bumper, fits in most aftermarket bumpers with no adapters or spacers. The one on the right is out of a factory steel bumper and requires adapters or spacers to fit most aftermarket bumpers.

Also you may have to trim some of the plastic off the one on the right to get it to fit into new bumper.

OP
OP
JCC

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Diesel, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler
Same light, different bracket. The one on the left is out of a plastic bumper, fits in most aftermarket bumpers with no adapters or spacers. The one on the right is out of a factory steel bumper and requires adapters or spacers to fit most aftermarket bumpers.

Also you may have to trim some of the plastic off the one on the right to get it to fit into new bumper.

The one on the right is what came with the steel bumper I swapped on, so it fits perfectly. If they are functionally the same light, just different brackets/applications, then I'll just run the ones that fit the steel bumper and sell the ones that came with the plastic bumper. Thanks!
Sponsored