Sponsored

STING GRAY Gladiator JT Club

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Can they do a plywood rated custom metal badge?
The short answer is no. This isn't a business for me I just did it for myself and offer badges to the community.

The longer answer is I would be willing to do something on a freelance basis but it would cost more and probably wouldn't be worth it to you. Or you can work directly with emlemart.com. They have my art and my permission to use it.

Decals can be done with a lot less investment. pxeldecals could probably do something for you.

Edit: Just to be clear I am still doing orders for the standard sting-gray badges. My answer above was about creating a new design for plywood rated badges.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The short answer is no. This isn't a business for me I just did it for myself and offer badges to the community.

The longer answer is I would be willing to do something on a freelance basis but it would cost more and probably wouldn't be worth it to you. Or you can work directly with emlemart.com. They have my art and my permission to use it.

Decals can be done with a lot less investment. pxeldecals could probably do something for you.
Hey thanks for the info! so emlemart.com is where you got it done? I'll look into this just out of curiosity. Do you know what the size of your emblem was? I asked in another thread, maybe somebody answered that already.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

did you do the "chrome emblem" or the "oem chrome emblem"? Their site says its more expensive up front, but look better and might have lower overall cost depending on volume.

This will be my last question on the sting gray thread about this, lol sorry to muddy the content. lol

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you do the "chrome emblem" or the "oem chrome emblem"? Their site says its more expensive up front, but look better and might have lower overall cost depending on volume.

This will be my last question on the sting gray thread about this, lol sorry to muddy the content. lol
They are the Chrome emblems. Frankly it's been a year since the fist batch and I don't remember the details whether it was just cost or a technical reason why I went with Chrome.

You are welcome to talk with Travis at EmblemArt and see what he can do for you.

There is a dedicated thread on the WranglerForum if you have more questions or if anyone wants to get on the waiting list. Or PM me with questions.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should add that I love my Sting-Gray. Totally bad-ass color. Looks different in different light. Not as boring as granite and doesn't show dirt like black.

If you haven't seen it in person, pictures don't do it justice.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I just went to my local Jeep dealership last Friday and drove around in a sting gray JL rubicon. Yea that confirmed my love for the color. :)

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Someone suggested I post this here for anyone curious. Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, and Sting Gray lined up in sunlight.

4F4DDE58-7AF5-46E7-8A0E-465210F8AF7E.jpeg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Someone suggested I post this here for anyone curious. Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, and Sting Gray lined up in sunlight.

4F4DDE58-7AF5-46E7-8A0E-465210F8AF7E.jpeg
I PREFER THE CLEAR COAT PAINTS . . . that means the far right Sting Gray for me, however if I see correctly, the next over is a Firecracker Red ? It too is a Clear Coat ?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I PREFER THE CLEAR COAT PAINTS . . . that means the far right Sting Gray for me, however if I see correctly, the next over is a Firecracker Red ? It too is a Clear Coat ?
what is a clear coat paint? paint and clear-coat combined into 1 layer?

what is a non-clear coat paint?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
what is a clear coat paint? paint and clear-coat combined into 1 layer?

what is a non-clear coat paint?
I'll pretend this is a serious question . . . and that you have not already looked it up on wikipedia ! Clear Coat is "pure paint" with no added "sparkle" . . . it's not like a House Flat Paint, but rather a Gloss Finish without the metallic or other type of additives to give it that "sparkle"! Now I'm not sure if this helps but my drift boat (fiberglass/kevlar) has a Clear Coat (gel) finish which Protects the added WRAP I have on it ! Full disclosure -- I'm not a Paint Scientist, nor did I ever sleep with one at a Holiday Inn Express, but I hope my "layman's" terminology has you in a "better place" ! Too wordy ?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll pretend this is a serious question . . . and that you have not already looked it up on wikipedia ! Clear Coat is "pure paint" with no added "sparkle" . . . it's not like a House Flat Paint, but rather a Gloss Finish without the metallic or other type of additives to give it that "sparkle"! Now I'm not sure if this helps but my drift boat (fiberglass/kevlar) has a Clear Coat (gel) finish which Protects the added WRAP I have on it ! Full disclosure -- I'm not a Paint Scientist, nor did I ever sleep with one at a Holiday Inn Express, but I hope my "layman's" terminology has you in a "better place" ! Too wordy ?
gotcha, I actually was not bating you. I didn't know. i've heard of gel-coats on boats before.

i'm hoping Gator is a CLEAR COAT PAINT! look at me, learn something new every day
Sponsored