First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
Not yet! We are working on a set that will attach to the Hard top and do dual purpose as storage and headliner. That is still in the prototype stage.

Also we are tossing around the idea of making one to go around the center gear/4x4 select area and attach to the floor.

That's the next 2 products
Both of those, especially the center "console" option, sound like something I'd potentially be interested in. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I've used the mesh pockets on both sides of the front, for little things I might want to reach while driving or just seated. I got one of those mid-level trays for the center console, and really like it a lot so far. Holds so many small things in place. Glasses cleaners, pens, mints, hand sanitizer and hand lotion, etc. I'm considering a little velcro here and there for hanging things as others said; if you use real Velcro brand or the 3M version, the glue won't come off by itself, but can be removed without leaving a mess behind. Don't buy the cheap junk. The dash top tray holds a multi-tool, mailbox keys, and things like that.

The thing I haven't figured out yet is a secure and convenient handgun storage spot. In my JK I had the Tuffy under-seat box. This seat leaves no room for something like that. I'd like a lockable, out of sight, but reachable storage for it.

OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Admin
I've used the mesh pockets on both sides of the front, for little things I might want to reach while driving or just seated. I got one of those mid-level trays for the center console, and really like it a lot so far. Holds so many small things in place. Glasses cleaners, pens, mints, hand sanitizer and hand lotion, etc. I'm considering a little velcro here and there for hanging things as others said; if you use real Velcro brand or the 3M version, the glue won't come off by itself, but can be removed without leaving a mess behind. Don't buy the cheap junk. The dash top tray holds a multi-tool, mailbox keys, and things like that.

The thing I haven't figured out yet is a secure and convenient handgun storage spot. In my JK I had the Tuffy under-seat box. This seat leaves no room for something like that. I'd like a lockable, out of sight, but reachable storage for it.
I'm planning on doing one of the lockable hatches for the center console for pistol storage. For now I have a Snapsafe lock box with a cable wrapped around the seat frame that's under the drivers seat in the back. It fits under the read of the driver's seat quite well and doesn't move around. Was really disappointed I wasn't able to fit one under the drivers or passenger seat in the front like I did in my old truck or in my wife's Forester.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Oh, thanks for that idea on the lock box. I hate the thought of losing my center storage for things that I reach for all the time. Cards to get into gates, gas cards, all sorts of stuff I reach for a lot.

The gun is "just in case," the other stuff is "need it every day."

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S

I have the Tuffy locking center storage vault. It's really nice and secure. I have pictures somwhere in the What did you do TO your Gladiator thread. I'll post them below when I find them. I leave it unlocked when I drive in case I need it (hopefully never). Fits my PX4 Storm Compact great.

Here is my security vault. I use the smaller upper console area for cards and such, not the deep one. There is also space on top of it for a few items as well due to the handle. There is also a combo lock version of this as well, I preferred the key.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/installed-tuffy-security-console-insert.30044/

Few more options on page 270 (some before and after too) for gun storage while in the truck.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...you-do-to-your-gladiator-today.23705/page-270

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I'm planning on doing one of the lockable hatches for the center console for pistol storage. For now I have a Snapsafe lock box with a cable wrapped around the seat frame that's under the drivers seat in the back. It fits under the read of the driver's seat quite well and doesn't move around. Was really disappointed I wasn't able to fit one under the drivers or passenger seat in the front like I did in my old truck or in my wife's Forester.
I'm surprised everybody is saying they can't fit lockboxes under the front seat. I'm using this Snapsafe and it fits just fine. I zip-tied a magnet to the frame rail to keep it in place.
Jeep Gladiator Storage Optimization seat safe

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I'm surprised everybody is saying they can't fit lockboxes under the front seat. I'm using this Snapsafe and it fits just fine. I zip-tied a magnet to the frame rail to keep it in place.
For the most part I think we are talking about bolt-ons, not loose or secured with a cable.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Right, the bolt-in boxes you could use in the JK no longer fit. I wonder if I could put a BOLT lock into one of those boxes, that would be convenient. (For those who don't know, BOLT locks use your existing Jeep ignition key, I have a few varieties.)

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

This is one of the reasons I chose a Glock for my EDC. I rarely ever leave my firearm in my truck but when I have to I break it down and take the barrow with me. There is no way I'm getting robbed of my wallet and truck keys with my own gun. Lock box or not. I'm taking a vital part of my firearm with me.

OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Admin
This is one of the reasons I chose a Glock for my EDC. I rarely ever leave my firearm in my truck but when I have to I break it down and take the barrow with me. There is no way I'm getting robbed of my wallet and truck keys with my own gun. Lock box or not. I'm taking a vital part of my firearm with me.
My pistol stays on me, the lockbox is only for when I go somewhere where I absolutely cannot take it into. I usually try to plan for those instances so I'm not locking up my pistol in my vehicle or it's already locked up where before I get there so no one can see me locking it up.
As for your plan, I'd strongly recommend against dissembling and then subsequently reassembling a firearm in those conditions especially with ammunition present. Mistakes can be made too easily, especially with the takedown procedures for a Glock. You're also performing a task that could attract unwanted attention. But this is just my suggestion, you do you.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
My pistol stays on me, the lockbox is only for when I go somewhere where I absolutely cannot take it into. I usually try to plan for those instances so I'm not locking up my pistol in my vehicle or it's already locked up where before I get there so no one can see me locking it up.
As for your plan, I'd strongly recommend against dissembling and then subsequently reassembling a firearm in those conditions especially with ammunition present. Mistakes can be made too easily, especially with the takedown procedures for a Glock. You're also performing a task that could attract unwanted attention. But this is just my suggestion, you do you.

It sounds like we are for the most part on the same page. It is extremely rare that I leave it in the truck but when I do I choose to disassemble it. If I think I will be in close proximity to people in the parking lot like the time I had to rush to the hospital to help my mom I pull over before I get there and do so beforehand.

I feel like dropping the mag and unchambering a round can be done safely in a vehicle. If there is someone in the passenger seat it does make it much more difficult to do so without breaking one of the keystone rules of firearm safety. I can only remember this happening once with the wife lady so I asked her to get out before I did so.

I will say that each time I did have to leave most of my firearm in my truck I wish I had a center council safe. Maybe I'll pick one up once I'm rich again;).

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase

REDJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2015 JK
Seen this on wish

I would also prefer this style of storage organizer to the ones that use all kinds of double-sided tape. But, unfortunately I can't find this anywhere else other than Wish. From what I've read about the Wish platform, that's not for me. Hopefully, one of the other selling platforms I frequent will start to carry it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I've seen that on Aliexpress, which is reliable and safe. I use them a lot. What's the issue with Wish? I've only heard the name, never looked at it or heard more.
Sponsored