First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Says that the wheels are locked but I can definitely see pics with the doors open. Is the vehicle full of water? I can imagine it being a little heavier if so.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IamPro2A

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
So, the tow company owner says it was buried up to the doors in sand when they got there. they dug it out and were able to drag it 100 feet, but that's it. Also confirmed what I thought about the bigger trucks.

"So far, it's been stuck in the mud so hard that two trucks couldn't pull it," Foss said. "Wreckers are just too heavy to go across the beach so we can't put a wrecker down there. And there's no place to set up on land that we can get a direct shot with a cable to get to it—the closest spot is probably 1,500 feet away."

"It's floating right now with bags under it; we're sitting here watching it," Foss added. "As soon as the tide comes up over this bar, we're gonna try to put a little skip/skimp over there and see if we can tow it here to the bar where we can get a wrecker to it."
Jeep Gladiator Submarine option now available on select Broncos 1650295509617

Jeep Gladiator Submarine option now available on select Broncos 1650295525396

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So, the tow company owner says it was buried up to the doors in sand when they got there. they dug it out and were able to drag it 100 feet, but that's it. Also confirmed what I thought about the bigger trucks.

"So far, it's been stuck in the mud so hard that two trucks couldn't pull it," Foss said. "Wreckers are just too heavy to go across the beach so we can't put a wrecker down there. And there's no place to set up on land that we can get a direct shot with a cable to get to it—the closest spot is probably 1,500 feet away."

"It's floating right now with bags under it; we're sitting here watching it," Foss added. "As soon as the tide comes up over this bar, we're gonna try to put a little skip/skimp over there and see if we can tow it here to the bar where we can get a wrecker to it."

That is gonna be a very expensive towing bill for a waterlogged Bronco!

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
We try to go to Bar Harbor once a year. Having hiked across that bar a few times that water comes up fast. 15 mins late and your trekking in waist high water to get across. Any later your calling a boat or waiting 9 hours. You can actually see the tide coming in it’s pretty cool.

they also have signs with floating cars. Saying don’t leave vehicles unattended… This will be up there next time we go I assume.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2022/04/18/ford-bronco-sunk-bar-harbor-maine/

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
That is gonna be a very expensive towing bill for a waterlogged Bronco!
Nah, insurance will cover stupidity. So, you and I will be paying for it in increased premiums.

Was actually at De. Bay on July 4 2020 with my insurance agent when we watched a nearly new Ram go roof deep in the tide. He was driving along the low-tide edge and hit a soft spot. He was not prepared at all, full tire pressure, no boards, no recovery equipment at all.
By time we saw him it was up to the axles. My agent just said 'yup, we cover stupidity'.