jfreeham

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
287 Deep Forest Rd., Wilderness, MO 63941
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Is there a partial sunbonnet to be found in the internet world? By partial, I mean a sunbonnet that would fit over the driver and passenger seats if one removes only the two freedom panels rather than the whole top. Thanks.
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Spiderwebshade has a screen/mesh. They are extremely durable and have lots of color options. Does great for buffering the wind a touch and blocking sun. Will let rain in though.

Best Top has a freedom top replacement that just fold over. Quite a few people swear by it, but I think the price is outrageous.

not awhole lot of top options for the JT yet.

4x4Therror

First Name
Jayme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I have the full spiderweb shade on mine and it is amazing. Plus once it’s on, you never have to take it off

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
Spiderwebshade has a screen/mesh. They are extremely durable and have lots of color options. Does great for buffering the wind a touch and blocking sun. Will let rain in though.

Best Top has a freedom top replacement that just fold over. Quite a few people swear by it, but I think the price is outrageous.

not awhole lot of top options for the JT yet.
I run both of these together and the Bestop Sunrider is something I’d buy again tomorrow if mine broke or was lost some how. I do agree that it is outrageously priced but it is a fantastically built and designed piece of equipment.

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I found what I was looking for. Thanks for your help. I wasn't entering the necessary words in the google search bar.

https://xgcargo.com/products/magne-...MJ2k_ndHPNIGgiKPvO9vMwDbBt-dKaSxoCI_wQAvD_BwE
Interesting. Let me know how it goes. The tabs fo the webbing to run thru look like they would hit the window frame when the door is closed but obviously it doesnt. I like the idea of beign able to leave it on all the time and not having to modify (ie. cut) the mesh to be able to access the freedom top latches as I ave seen with other sun screens.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I picked up this one back in July for only $38 and I have no complaints.

Jeep Gladiator Sunbonnet 68243F10-D88D-4EB0-8AE7-107C54960CED

<stock photo>

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop makes a targa sun shade for when the freedom panels are removed
My only complaint with the @Bestop one is they claim it can be left in place while you put the freedom tops back on and that is completely false. A bit annoying that you have to take it on and off frequently.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I picked up this one back in July for only $38 and I have no complaints.

Jeep Gladiator Sunbonnet 68243F10-D88D-4EB0-8AE7-107C54960CED

<stock photo>
After 45 days...... F this thing! Multiple grommets are starting to pull away from the mesh. Another craptastic Amazon purchase.

I called an audible and ordered the full coverage Spiderwebshade. I kinda like the JTOP too but that one is like $80 more... I figured the Spiderwebshade price and 5 year warranty will work out fine for me.

SWS_Gladiator_Black_1512x.jpg
Sponsored