Superchips Flashcal+ Initial Review

Scallywag

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I just got mine yesterday and installed it. I have noticed the below issues.

1. I have a Rubicon and it defaulted my splash screen to Sport and will not let me change it back.
2. The Crawl screen will not recognize my lockers and will not let me control the lockers from that screen. I can control them normally from the dashboard on the Jeep.
3. The use of the crawl screen line and rock lock cause the auto stop start service to come up but that will clear when I turn off the engine and back on.

I have taken the following steps to fix this but no luck so far.
A. I deleted the app from the phone and reinstalled it.
B. Called Superchips tech support and they had me disconnect both batteries and do a whole system reset.
C. They said I will have to do a few driving cycles for it to "recognize it as a Rubicon". I have taken about 5 trip cycles and the above items do not work.

Has anyone solved this? If I cant get it to work I am going to ask for a refund and then buy a Tazer.
Sponsored

Jeep~N~Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I ran it for a few years on my JL and didn't care for it. I changed to JScan for the JL and now the Gladiator. $21 does more than the flashcal.

Scallywag

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I ran it for a few years on my JL and didn't care for it. I changed to JScan for the JL and now the Gladiator. $21 does more than the flashcal.
Will that fix the splash screen from sport back to Rubicon?

Jeep~N~Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Will that fix the splash screen from sport back to Rubicon?
not sure on that as I don’t know why flashcal would cause that. Have you tried calling Superchips?

Scallywag

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
not sure on that as I don’t know why flashcal would cause that. Have you tried calling Superchips?
I did call superchips and their fixes did not work. I also downloaded the JScan app and I do see where I can update the splash screen.

And it looks like I can turn off the auto stop/start with JScan too?

Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
It can take 24 hours or so for everything to come back after a reset.

I run a flashpaq on my JK and it works great but on my JT, I run a Tazer Mini and have JScan for those things a Tazer can't do.

FL_GA-Wolf

First Name
Russel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just received the flashcal+, and the issues you had I'm have also. Did you find a solution to the flash screen?

cheitz9600

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I just received the flashcal+, and the issues you had I'm have also. Did you find a solution to the flash screen?
I had these issues… started with the splash screen reverting to “sport” (I have a Rubicon) and then started getting dash warning lights for the forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control needing service / unavailable. After hours on hold for 4 different calls to Superchips to try and solve and trying different things like disconnecting the batteries I gave up. I ended up returning the device and had to take the truck to the dealer where they had to “reprogram the computer” dealer said it had “wiped the computer” (not sure to what extent it had “wiped it”) but it’s back to where I started now. FYI During my calls with Superchips they claimed that there was “no way the issues I was having were related to the device” and that “maybe I just got a bad apple device” LOL. It’s a nice concept (if it worked) unfortunately it screwed up my Jeep and sounds like others as well.

FL_GA-Wolf

First Name
Russel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I did call them and they insisted that it will go back to stock. The issue with the splash screen is a known issue that they are aware of. The crawl menu not being able access the lockers, only works with the JK and JL but not the gladiator. This totally defeats the purpose I wanted the Superchip Flashcal+ for. They offered me a refund but no solution for a fix.lol
Sponsored