Tailgate Badging - Firecracker Red Mojave

labdog98

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I am going to be swapping out the Jeep tailgate badging with the Gladiator version this week. I'm a little torn on what colors to get so I was hoping for some feedback.

The hood Mojave emblems appear to be matte black with a glossy orange but the current Jeep tailgate badge appears to be grey with a glossy orange. I'm thinking that I should match the hood but I am tempted to match the current Jeep tailgate badging in grey. Any thoughts (ideally with pictures) on what others have done in the past? I'm not completely sure why the back and front are two different colors...makes it difficult for someone that can never make a decision...lol.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I am going to be swapping out the Jeep tailgate badging with the Gladiator version this week. I'm a little torn on what colors to get so I was hoping for some feedback.

The hood Mojave emblems appear to be matte black with a glossy orange but the current Jeep tailgate badge appears to be grey with a glossy orange. I'm thinking that I should match the hood but I am tempted to match the current Jeep tailgate badging in grey. Any thoughts (ideally with pictures) on what others have done in the past? I'm not completely sure why the back and front are two different colors...makes it difficult for someone that can never make a decision...lol.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
If you go with the grey center in the aftermarket letters, it may not be a true match for the charcoal grey center of the original Jeep badge on the Mojave.

If a true match is important to you the matte black might be a safer bet.

Just a thought for whatever it's worth.

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep JL and TJ
@Urban Jeep Outfitters makes an exact match for the Mojave grey if you’re worried about it matching that.
It's a very close match. There are no published formulas for the colors Jeep uses on any of this so I've had to come up with my own in order to duplicate the color as close as humanity possibe.

IMG_9488.jpg

IMG_9189.jpg
Sponsored