Sponsored

Talk me into a Sunrider

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Thanks guys. I actually went out a little bit ago and took everything apart and started from scratch. I was somehow able to get the second bolt in this time. Even with it all loose before it would not go. Maybe I just needed a do over with a less frustrated head.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome picture. Did leaving the sun rider on while taking off the remainder of the hard top give you any problems?
I did forget to mention I made two foam blocks to fit between the Sunrider and freedom panel tabs before attaching the middle brace. No problems at all with movement. I could have used weather stripping but I had this on hand in the garage.
Jeep Gladiator Talk me into a Sunrider D18C1B0A-4D45-4472-B76E-A8DA79769287

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
The mopar handles are not compatible with the sunrider. I run the mopar handles in the back, and I think JK handles in front. They work perfectly. Don’t let that stop you.

Jeep Gladiator Talk me into a Sunrider D18C1B0A-4D45-4472-B76E-A8DA79769287
Neither are these Bartac grab handles.

Jeep Gladiator Talk me into a Sunrider B9DFFEB5-FA3A-412C-9EAB-1AD24500C197

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I have a hard top and a soft top. Ran the soft top all winter (no issue in SC). I bought a Twill Bestop Sunrider from a forum member who sold their JT. Just put the hard top back on two weeks ago with the Sunrider. It is great. I frequently have three pups in the back seat. It is nice to be able have open air above us but some shade for the pups.

I can open and close with out even leaving my seat. It was a good investment for me. Not sure if the soft top will go back on....

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Little_Feller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland
The mopar handles are not compatible with the sunrider. I run the mopar handles in the back, and I think JK handles in front. They work perfectly. Don’t let that stop you.

A79519CB-F4A3-44D4-9599-5904620E2DBE.jpeg
I mean, I had the Mopar handles installed before. I went to put my Sunrider on, and the Sunrider bracket sits right on the roll bar where the Mopar handle would normally sit. It's possible I'm missing something, but I can't see what it would be.

FWIW, I'd take the Sunrider and some third-party handles any day of the week. The Mopar handles are nice for sure, but they're definitely not worth giving up the Sunrider convenience.

See the bolt sticking up on the right side there? That's the Sunrider bracket, right where the Mopar handle would wrap around and secure to a screw hole that's underneath the nylon and velcro on my current handle.

Thanks for the details...no worries, I'm definitely going for the Sunrider instead. I had just already ordered Mopar handles, but they are on an internal backorder so I'm trying to cancel now.

Little_Feller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland

JK as in factory or Mopar handles?

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Tell me how much you love your OEM Sunrider made by Bestop.

I had gotten used to carrying my freedom panel bag....taking them off putting in bag, then bungie cording the bag in the bed. ( 3 kids in rear ).

Also can't imagine just thinking...hey let's take the front top off at this stoplight while we wait.

Seems awesome....do you use it constantly? I live in San Diego so seems like I would but don't wanna spend 800$ on something ill use 2x a month. Advice from an owner of one is much better advice then what I *imagine* I'd do....
So why not just go with a soft top?