Talk me into a Sunrider

LowAltitude

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
I love the Sunrider. I only lasted one week taking the freedom panels on and off before I ran out to buy the Sunrider. It is warm on the 95 degree days though, but everything is warm on those days.

I usually get 3 or 4 small drops in during the drying cycle of the car wash, but nothing worth noting.

I wish there was a way to open over the back seats too (when I have all the kids with me), however I haven't gone to soft top because I like the look of the hard top rear windshield
Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I love the Sunrider. I only lasted one week taking the freedom panels on and off before I ran out to buy the Sunrider. It is warm on the 95 degree days though, but everything is warm on those days.

I usually get 3 or 4 small drops in during the drying cycle of the car wash, but nothing worth noting.

I wish there was a way to open over the back seats too (when I have all the kids with me), however I haven't gone to soft top because I like the look of the hard top rear windshield
Yea I couldn't sell my wife on a soft top because the rear window as well. Though I'd love to run safari mode. I do love the sunrider and use it daily.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Talk me into a Sunrider 57DD31EF-A556-4E3A-AA44-06AA88B5C3CA
I’m curious about this too. I was assuming I could remove the back two screws, then take off the hard top
You have to take the Sunrider off/ slide forward to access those screws. But once top is off you can re-attach Sunrider and rear mount bracket with some foam between mount bracket and Sunrider to eliminate any play.

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Installed mine earlier this week. Love it!

A little more difficult to open and close with my sunshade in place though but still worth it. No more toting the freedom panels around for the occasional down pour.

Little_Feller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland
Bestop just opened up a new rebate for the Sunrider. Has anybody purchased directly from them, or from a dealer? I know Quadratec says they ship same day, wasn't sure if it would take some time to ship from Bestop directly. They did say the rebate won't work if you buy from Amazon.

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Bestop just opened up a new rebate for the Sunrider. Has anybody purchased directly from them, or from a dealer? I know Quadratec says they ship same day, wasn't sure if it would take some time to ship from Bestop directly. They did say the rebate won't work if you buy from Amazon.
Takes a long time to get their rebate. They use a third party In Arizona to handle their rebate program. I had to call bestop several times to get it straightened out before I received it months later. They issue you a debit type card. I think I got my top within a day or two from Bestop but I’m in Colorado they only had to deliver it across town.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
Wife just surprised me with one from Mopar. Made of black twill and instead of the Bestop tag, it has a Jeep tag. Already put together, including that annoying clip everyone complains about. She went down to the dealership and ordered it through them, 1 day, free shipping.

Will get it installed when this rain in Texas is done.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
We're looking at pretty quick turnaround times on these.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

JKJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Seller of the suds.
Ordered from Quadratec Monday night. Delivered by FedEx and installed by noon today. I’m only on the other side of Philly from Quadratec so it’s not probably the norm.

Little_Feller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland
That's good to know...after a couple of chats with them and a phone call, I think I got my order cancelled and a new order placed. Not sure what was wrong, they couldn't really explain it either. When I was on hold they kept playing a recording that they were upgrading their ordering system. No big deal, glad you had a good experience!

Sdsteph

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non UAW
Tell me how much you love your OEM Sunrider made by Bestop.

Just put mine back on for two reasons. Nice weather and it doesnt leak like my freedom panels do. really do love it. Have it open a lot.

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I am a huge fan of mine, and I had major doubts about getting one. I call it the most indulgent mod I've done to my Gladiator, but it was worth every penny.

Just do it, you'll use it more than you think you will, and I've had mine on all winter and summer, doesn't matter.

Mac

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
Tell me how much you love your OEM Sunrider made by Bestop.

I had gotten used to carrying my freedom panel bag....taking them off putting in bag, then bungie cording the bag in the bed. ( 3 kids in rear ).

Also can't imagine just thinking...hey let's take the front top off at this stoplight while we wait.

Seems awesome....do you use it constantly? I live in San Diego so seems like I would but don't wanna spend 800$ on something ill use 2x a month. Advice from an owner of one is much better advice then what I *imagine* I'd do....
I opened mine 5 times today. Probably the best thing I have purchased for it so far. My wife liked it so now she has one on the JLU. What would NIKE do?
Sponsored