Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Just going to throw my $0.02 in here. I have had both the flashcal and flashpaq from superchips over the years for several jeeps and they are great tools. Purchased a flashcal for my JT when i bought the vehicle knowing tire size was going to change and you only need to use it once and it pays for itself. The following month I purchased the Pulsar wanting to have the option of shift on the fly tunes. IMO save your money I have run it for about a year and just pulled it out. The economy mode actually was worse than stock when it came to MPG for my driving habits. The tow feature other than changing shift points really did not seem to have any improvement on torque or ability to tow without constantly up and down shifting if you hit any type of grade in the road. Now Performance mode you certainly feel a difference in throttle control and response as well as shift points but you also can watch your gas needle drop why your driving it seemed like. Here is the thing I get the same performance out of a 300 dollar pedal commander that i get from a 600 dollar pulsar. Again in my opinion save your money and stay away from the pulsar. If you want to regain some of that stock torque you lost going with bigger tires then spend the money to regear.
Sponsored

SwampThing78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 18 Jeep Willy’s JKU
Sweeping through the forum for programmer info...this thread has been the best and informative. I’ve had a few Jeeps in my years but never messed with them....just went to a straight regear or left as is.

So while shopping and learning about programmers when y’all say recalibrate the speedo, does this include the shift points as well?.....or is this a separate function completely? For the JT I’ll be going up to 35’s with a 3.0” lift. Rubicon with 4.10, throwing out feelers and more knowledge. It helps when reading the product website and majority are somewhat vague. Out of all my choices are down to 1. Tazer 2. Superchips, I have ran across quite a few ranging from $-$$$$.

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is the programmer that AEV includes with their lifts worth having?
Sponsored