First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2015 JKU 4 Door Sport S and a 2010 JKU 4 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Flight Paramedic
I've seen alot of people using the tazer programmer and was curious if anyone ran into issues with their factory warranty because of it? I'm skeptical that jeep would honor a factory warranty if I were to change settings on the computer myself.
Does anyone have any experience with this good or bad ?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer is not technically a programmer, as far as performance goes. Therefore it leaves zero footprint when you "unmarry" the device and remove it from your vehicle before going into the dealership for work or service. So, they will never know, and have zero clue you ever had it on there if you don't tell anyone.

Last edited:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen alot of people using the tazer programmer and was curious if anyone ran into issues with their factory warranty because of it? I'm skeptical that jeep would honor a factory warranty if I were to change settings on the computer myself.
Does anyone have any experience with this good or bad ?
Not with the Tazer but superchips and JScan which is basically the same thing and I have not ever ran into a issue with them not covering anything that is covered under warranty. I guess if they wanted to deny it they could, just like they could for adding larger tires and lifts. Personally I've never had a issue though with any dealerships around my area in North Carolina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Not with the Tazer but superchips and JScan which is basically the same thing and I have not ever ran into a issue with them not covering anything that is covered under warranty. I guess if they wanted to deny it they could, just like they could for adding larger tires and lifts. Personally I've never had a issue though with any dealerships around my area in North Carolina
The dealerships can't deny your warranty unless the part you installed or replaced with an aftermarket part can be proven as the direct-cause of the failure. And even then, they can only deny the warranty for the part removed or modified...Not the entire vehicle or drivetrain.

Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. :like:

They can, however, be a dick, and deny service to your vehicle, but they can't deny your vehicle's entire warranty.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The dealerships can't deny your warranty unless the part you installed or replaced with an aftermarket part can be proven as the direct-cause of the failure. And even then, they can only deny the warranty for the part removed or modified...Not the entire vehicle or drivetrain.

Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. :like:

They can, however, be a dick, and deny service to your vehicle, but they can't deny your vehicle's entire warranty.
That's what I was meaning, if it could be proven to be the direct cause of failure. Good info
Sponsored