Tazer question for newbie jeep guy

emoneymose

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 rubicon hydro blue
Hello all - so I have gotten great help so far in my JT Rubicon build that's under way. I have a simple question now. I added 25s and a level spacere in front. Speedo is off obviously... Just added the Tazer Lite today and set tire size to 35.00. Included manual is not trhe most informative! Next question is - do I mess with the gear ratio, or is the Rubicon factory ratio best for it with 35s? I am looking to STOP getting 15 mpg, so would like to know if the jeep auto adjusts the tranny shifts now that it "knows" it has 35s? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Randonexplosion

First Name
Randon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Leave your ratio as it actually is. You will probably have to adjust the tire size until you are spot on with GPS.

Yes, the transmission shift points will change based on the tire size that is entered.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
The TAZR will not change the installed gear ratio, it will only allow the system to adjust and compensate for the gears you have installed.

Also, most likely 35 will not be the correct number. You will probably need to set it lower. Closer to 34.5 would be my estimate

Sponsored

OP
OP
emoneymose

emoneymose

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 rubicon hydro blue
Leave your ratio as it actually is. You will probably have to adjust the tire size until you are spot on with GPS.

Yes, the transmission shift points will change based on the tire size that is entered.
Thank you!

OP
OP
emoneymose

emoneymose

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 rubicon hydro blue
The TAZR will not change the installed gear ratio, it will only allow the system to adjust and compensate for the gears you have installed.

Also, most likely 35 will not be the correct number. You will probably need to set it lower. Closer to 34.5 would be my estimate
Great point. I’ll get a correct height in them. Thanks

OP
OP
emoneymose

emoneymose

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 rubicon hydro blue
False hope.
Just hoping for maybe like 18. I don’t know. I didn’t buy it for the gas mileage so it’s not the end of the world, I was just hoping for a little better
Sponsored