Sponsored

Terra Acoustics Front Soundstage (Speaker upgrade)

Nuttall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Interesting, I don’t think the alpine system is that bad. I wonder too how much of a difference these actually make.

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
That's a significant chunk of change. Would be interested to see how well they stack up against other aftermarket coax speakers.

(I am running the Infinity Reference up front.)

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Looks nice but as I have posted before I added the speakers and it was a great upgrade for a great price did it in my JL and also now in my JT

they have gone up a little bit in price but still I am very happy with them and they are OEM and plug and play it’s a five minute upgrade

2013 Dodge Dart Kicker Speaker Upgrade 77KICK25AB
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I2UYPI/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_ZYJ0ZXBF9DFD0XF86X7V

If you want to spend more you can get the one that says it’s for the jeep it’s the exact same part for $50 more but why waste money

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice but as I have posted before I added the speakers and it was a great upgrade for a great price did it in my JL and also now in my JT

they have gone up a little bit in price but still I am very happy with them and they are OEM and plug and play it’s a five minute upgrade

2013 Dodge Dart Kicker Speaker Upgrade 77KICK25AB
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I2UYPI/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_ZYJ0ZXBF9DFD0XF86X7V

If you want to spend more you can get the one that says it’s for the jeep it’s the exact same part for $50 more but why waste money
The part you linked to is $71.

These are $250!!

Are you really happy with the $71 upgrade? If so, that's great.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
In case anyone’s interested. I’m not affiliated

Email I received today:

“So, and we know this is a big ask, but we'd be eternally grateful if you'd help us spread the word far and wide that now's the time to hop on the Terra waitlist. Your word of mouth is the single best way a small business like us can reach as many Jeep owners as possible so we can better forecast and continue developing purpose-built audio solutions for the adventures we love.”

Terra Acoustics

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
In case anyone’s interested. I’m not affiliated

Email I received today:

“So, and we know this is a big ask, but we'd be eternally grateful if you'd help us spread the word far and wide that now's the time to hop on the Terra waitlist. Your word of mouth is the single best way a small business like us can reach as many Jeep owners as possible so we can better forecast and continue developing purpose-built audio solutions for the adventures we love.”

Terra Acoustics
I got the email too. Waiting patiently.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
Even though I don't have these particular speakers, I'll add some comments here. About half the sound "quality" from a vehicle speaker is dependent on its mounting location, what's behind the speaker as in close box, or open, enclosure size, shape, what its made of, etc. Buying an aftermarket speaker and stuffing it in a hole is a complete science experiment and you won't know how it sounds until you do it or hear someone else's system with the same components.

All vehicle mfrs balance the stereo sound vs cost no matter what brand or level of vehicle you get. Many stereos these days have a custom EQ profile stored in the radio head for that specific vehicle determined by extensive factory testing. I doubt if Jeeps have that feature but its just another thing to consider when swapping out speakers. You might have bought a very expensive replacement speaker and it sounds like crap in your vehicle because its not got the right parameters to work wherever you stuck it.

I spent a number of years in my early/mid 20s installing car stereo stuff and got to see the result of someone picking out a replacement speaker, some cheap and some expensive then seeing the end result, which was all over the map. Some people were very disappointed and rightfully so due to what I had to mount the speakers in. Some cheaper speakers can sound wonderful under the right conditions and it takes many years of experience to know or predict these things in advance.

My point here is its great to share info and hopefully the people recommending certain speakers have good ears and know what things are supposed to sound like when recommending a speaker they have used. For most of us we don't have experience or test equipment or the mental acoustic picture in our head of what is expected out of the vehicle stereo system and what is satisfactory or exceptional to one person might sound like dog squeeze to someone else with more sound experiences on this forum

With that I would hope and expect a product like the Terra Acoustics upgrade is tuned specifically for the Jeep by people who know what they are doing and will give an expected level of sound quality for its higher price. I'm very interested and will be looking for a demo if I can find someone local with this setup.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
on the waiting list as of yesterday, just got my selective increments JL/JT pods with kicker speakers for the sound bar; can wait to see how both upgrades sound together!

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Just did the Terra Acoustics upgrade over the weekend. Super easy and worth the $250 IMO. I do 3 hour highway drives a few times a month, and this seemed to really "brighten" the highs, especially when I had to turn the volume WAAAAY up to listen to anything at 80mph, before. Terra did an excellent job packaging, and even included tools. Literally took 15 mins.

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Unfortunately I have the opposite experience than above. I have the Alpine speakers and replaced them with Tera Acoustics today. I am fairly disappointed as I barely notice any difference. The speakers are much lighter than the factory and feel less solid.
There is hardly any difference in sound. I will most likely return them.

0FB94FC6-B3F2-417B-A579-A3ABD1F8809B.jpeg

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I have the Alpine. Awesome upgrade, made a great difference.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
Much like @cuellar13 , my non-Alpine system sounds much better. The highs pop-out.

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Unfortunately I have the opposite experience than above. I have the Alpine speakers and replaced them with Tera Acoustics today. I am fairly disappointed as I barely notice any difference. The speakers are much lighter than the factory and feel less solid.
There is hardly any difference in sound. I will most likely return them.

Jeep Gladiator Terra Acoustics Front Soundstage (Speaker upgrade) 0FB94FC6-B3F2-417B-A579-A3ABD1F8809B
They have 2 different versions, did you get the Alpine version? If so is it possible they sent the wrong version? I have had these saved but the 250 is pricey for the small front speakers. I wished they made some upgrades for the sound bar.
Sponsored