First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland Sting Gray
Occupation
Technology
I had these in my JL and they were awesome. Just got a JT a couple of weeks ago. Am I crazy, or is there more base out of the sound bar than the knee speakers on the JL. Wondering if there is something different?
When I test drove the JLU and JT earlier this year, my impression was that the audio in the JT sounded ā€˜betterā€™. Iā€™m guessing this was because the JT cab is smaller. As in, a smaller sealed cabin without the noise coming from the rear area (in the JLU).
I did notice the audio also improved after I installed the Hotheadliners with the sound deadening strips. Iā€™m now tempted to put in something like Dynamat on the floor and behind the sub.
(I ended up with the JT Overland with the 8.4 and now deliberating speaker upgrades...)
Sponsored

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
So you guys who upgraded your kick panels to 6 inch with the metra pods. What did you do with the oem trim panel? The perforated area is only as big as the stock speaker. I would think the panel would block sound. I am in the middle of this project now and just realized the perforated area is only 4 inches wide

37ED4768-5F2D-4133-BB5C-E9B96E22432B.jpeg

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
When I test drove the JLU and JT earlier this year, my impression was that the audio in the JT sounded ā€˜betterā€™. Iā€™m guessing this was because the JT cab is smaller. As in, a smaller sealed cabin without the noise coming from the rear area (in the JLU).
I did notice the audio also improved after I installed the Hotheadliners with the sound deadening strips. Iā€™m now tempted to put in something like Dynamat on the floor and behind the sub.
(I ended up with the JT Overland with the 8.4 and now deliberating speaker upgrades...)
I'm glad we were able to help improve the sound in your JT! If you're looking for more sound deadening for your floor, we have our own butyl-based product, Sound Assassin that we make specific for each Jeep and is also made in the USA. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

-Mark

H_pipe

First Name
H-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I also have the small/mini screen. From one of the posts above, looks like "3 tab" speakers are what I need. Has anyone made this change yet on the uconnect 3, 5" setup? Hoping that just swapping the 4 speakers out with this basic head unit will help....
Maybe I will re-phrase. Has anyone just upgraded speakers and left the uconnect3, 5" and experienced good results?

H_pipe

First Name
H-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Maybe I will re-phrase. Has anyone just upgraded speakers and left the uconnect3, 5" and experienced good results?
FYI- Looks like my base radio has smaller than the 6.5ā€ speakers listed above, therefore no Mopar kicker replacement speakers for me

292A1D69-133E-4081-88BF-605CFC32BAC7.jpeg

2704AF50-923E-4B57-923C-89624C5D591D.jpeg

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I have the 5" and replaced the small speakers, dash and sound bar with Infinity 3032. Sounds very good after changing the polarity of the metra speaker adapters.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Installed them today. took me longer to gather my tools and find my 20 Torx than it did do complete the install. Sounds so much better. Adds a lot to the highs, obviously nothing add down low but still a worthy upgrade for $120 total. Couple of pics comparing them. Factory on the left. Mopar Kicker upgrade on the right.

Jeep Gladiator Speaker Upgrade? 2704AF50-923E-4B57-923C-89624C5D591D

Jeep Gladiator Speaker Upgrade? 2704AF50-923E-4B57-923C-89624C5D591D
The stock 3Ā½" dash/soundbar speakers in the JT have an 8kHz crossover built into them (the little capacitor hanging on the side of the connector,) so they're really just a tweeter in the non-premium system. By adding these, or other, "Upgraded," 3Ā½" full-range speakers, you're replacing a tweeter with a mid-tweeter combination, thereby adding more speaker to the system.
My question: is the sound quality improved, or are you simply hearing more quantity (so to speak) because you've added an additional speaker?
I'd like to make this upgrade, but if all it is doing is adding a bit more presence, without improving the response, it's a waste of resources for me.

Kevin

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Dog Dad
I have the 5" and replaced the small speakers, dash and sound bar with Infinity 3032. Sounds very good after changing the polarity of the metra speaker adapters.
I'm about to add the same dash speakers. Did you install the included capacitor? I have the upgraded Alpine system and I'm reading you don't have to install the capacitor b/c of that. Also, what do you mean you had to change the polarity of the Metra Speaker adapters? Were the instructions backwards?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I'm about to add the same dash speakers. Did you install the included capacitor? I have the upgraded Alpine system and I'm reading you don't have to install the capacitor b/c of that. Also, what do you mean you had to change the polarity of the Metra Speaker adapters? Were the instructions backwards?
I don't have the Alpine system, but have also read to not use the capacitors with the Alpine system. The Metra Speaker adapters unmodified reverse the wires/polarity and have to be modified to correct the polarity. Here's my latest speaker upgrade https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/base-system-speaker-upgrade.75015/

Sponsored

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Dog Dad
I don't have the Alpine system, but have also read to not use the capacitors with the Alpine system. The Metra Speaker adapters unmodified reverse the wires/polarity and have to be modified to correct the polarity. Here's my latest speaker upgrade https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/base-system-speaker-upgrade.75015/
Awesome! Thank you. You've got a lot of great insight from your experience and I certainly appreciate you dropping some knowledge on me!
I got the Infinity 3032s installed tonight and so far so good! Before, with the factory setup, I couldn't hear anything coming out of the dash speakers, they were completely overpowered by the soundbar, but now I can actually hear sound from the dash, vocals especially! I love it! Thanks again. :rock:

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
I have the infinity 3032 in the dash and infinity 6530's in the soundbar. I am debating on doing the knee panel speakers.... but am really dreading tearing things apart in the driveway and losing a weekend day. Do the knee panel speakers make as big as of difference as upgrading the other speakers to you guys?

Also has anyone added a Basslink or other self contained "underseat" powered sub? I am not expecting much with it, but if i have to do the knee panel, am kind of thinking what the heck.

jonsheritahe04

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2018 F250 Super Duty
Occupation
IT Support
Just received my Terra Acoustics Alpine upgrade this morning. So worth the wait

Straight forward 10 minute install and BOOM. This is how my Ruby should have sounded from the factory

Samsons Wig

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just received my Terra Acoustics Alpine upgrade this morning. So worth the wait

Straight forward 10 minute install and BOOM. This is how my Ruby should have sounded from the factory
Awesome! My set of Terra Acoustics should arrive early next week. Are you planning to do anything with the sound bar up top?

jonsheritahe04

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2018 F250 Super Duty
Occupation
IT Support
Honestly donā€™t think I need to now. I balanced the system a bit more to the front speakers and it sounds great
Sponsored