Speaker upgrade coming

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
Just searching around the forums and came across this. I did the knee panel upgrade with the JL C2 650x. C2 350x in the dash and C2 650x in the sound bar. Also did a stealth box all powered by a vx1000/5i amp. The knee panels required me taking apart..the entire damn dash. I have some pictures I can upload, but the JT is not my daily and I did this around Christmas in a heated garage.. I took my time, but just the speaker upgrades required taking almost all the plastic off on the dash and along the sides to get the sound bar out.
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly the knee buster speakers were not very hard to get to. Even easier if you just want to pull out and drop in factory replacement 4" speakers. I've done this speaker swap 3 times and it really isn't that bad.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Honestly the knee buster speakers were not very hard to get to. Even easier if you just want to pull out and drop in factory replacement 4" speakers. I've done this speaker swap 3 times and it really isn't that bad.

When you did the roll bar 6.5 upgrade did you plug the new speaker into the larger speaker outlet and leave the smaller speaker plug empty? Im curious as mine sounds good but im wondering if it could be better if I connected the smaller speaker wires also or spliced them in.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Im having a local shop do the upgrade. I only have the 7” screen so the stinger will be a good upgrade.
I wish they would have made the stinger water proof

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
When you did the roll bar 6.5 upgrade did you plug the new speaker into the larger speaker outlet and leave the smaller speaker plug empty? Im curious as mine sounds good but im wondering if it could be better if I connected the smaller speaker wires also or spliced them in.
In regards to the Alpine SPV-65, I bypassed the crossover in the speaker and connected the woofer and the tweeter separately. Sounds way better in this configuration. BE ADVISED, you will have to flip the polarity on the tweeters.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
In regards to the Alpine SPV-65, I bypassed the crossover in the speaker and connected the woofer and the tweeter separately. Sounds way better in this configuration. BE ADVISED, you will have to flip the polarity on the tweeters.
Just to confirm, you connected the new Alpine tweeter directly to the factory 3.5" speaker connection and the new Alpine main 6x9 speaker directly to the factory 4" speaker connection?

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Also I think we are talking about two different speakers sets. I taking about these…
Oops. My bad. I was thinking about the MB Quart 6x9 coaxials, but the Alpines have a tweeter and 6.5" round speaker.

One other question ... did you use the Alpine speakers with the factory Alpine Premium Audio?

Sflip09

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
How did the install go? Where did you put the amp? I replaced the factory speakers, including the knee but for some reason they sound like crap.
Sponsored