Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday was oil change #1 at exactly 1,200 miles. Mopar M0349 filter (68191349AC) and 5qts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20. Also added a Fumoto drain valve on the oil pan.

Afterwards I added some Shrockworks frame mounted sliders. 2" square tubing with 1.75" round tubing on the outer bar. Opted for the trail plates so no one slips a foot through the tube.

Stopped by a buddy's house to pick up a bed divider board he made for me.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107.jpg

How did you do that to the 2x6 in the back. That looks great. I bet you could sell those to hang in garage. I would grab one.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
How did you do that to the 2x6 in the back. That looks great. I bet you could sell those to hang in garage. I would grab one.

I have a buddy that does woodworking, Red Rooster Woodworking in College Station, TX. I just wanted a simple one so he cut it out using a CNC router and burned it. Reach out to him on Facebook, he can do various fonts, words, images, and finishes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Switched out one of the factory fobs for the AJT Designs key fob. I like that it (almost) matches, but mostly now the switch blade key will stop opening in my pocket.

Installed Rockhard 4x4 aluminum (180lbs) complete belly pan skid plates with dual crossmembers today, what a pain...They provide printed instructions, and a youtube video of the installation which do not do things in the same order. They don't tell you exactly which bolt/washer/nut to use where.

The most annoying part is when it came to the resonator skid. They say "Jeep went ahead and added a bunch of factory threaded holes in the frame to make it easy to just bolt right up. Well, there were three spots where that was not the case on my JT. One spot they actually included an "L" stick bracket with a welded nut that goes inside the frame, perfect. The next spot didn't even have a hole in the frame, customer service just said "drill it and use a self-tapping bolt. The final spot is the long bracket from the resonator skid to the crossmember that holds the carrier bearing. That spot was not threaded, and there is no way to get a wrench back there to hold a nut. RH4x4 asked for pictures/measurements and talked me through a few things during install. They said they would send a nutsert for me to pop into the crossmember for the final resonator bolt.

Other than that, it is installed and quite nice. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with Artec and hope that installation is easier, but now that they're on I plan on putting them to good use.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Switched out one of the factory fobs for the AJT Designs key fob. I like that it (almost) matches, but mostly now the switch blade key will stop opening in my pocket.

Installed Rockhard 4x4 aluminum (180lbs) complete belly pan skid plates with dual crossmembers today, what a pain...They provide printed instructions, and a youtube video of the installation which do not do things in the same order. They don't tell you exactly which bolt/washer/nut to use where.

The most annoying part is when it came to the resonator skid. They say "Jeep went ahead and added a bunch of factory threaded holes in the frame to make it easy to just bolt right up. Well, there were three spots where that was not the case on my JT. One spot they actually included an "L" stick bracket with a welded nut that goes inside the frame, perfect. The next spot didn't even have a hole in the frame, customer service just said "drill it and use a self-tapping bolt. The final spot is the long bracket from the resonator skid to the crossmember that holds the carrier bearing. That spot was not threaded, and there is no way to get a wrench back there to hold a nut. RH4x4 asked for pictures/measurements and talked me through a few things during install. They said they would send a nutsert for me to pop into the crossmember for the final resonator bolt.

Other than that, it is installed and quite nice. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with Artec and hope that installation is easier, but now that they're on I plan on putting them to good use.

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107

Nice, thanks for the install review of the Rockhard bellypan! I look forward to hearing how it performs on the trail (bash it up!).

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Nice, thanks for the install review of the Rockhard bellypan! I look forward to hearing how it performs on the trail (bash it up!).
Still waiting on a rear bumper, but then I'll probably start hitting the local wheeling parks. Not sure when/where the next big outing will be. I've been to Ouray/Moab each year for the last three years. Thinking about Sedona or something different.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Bought a Renegade emergency key blade for $8, had it cut at a local locksmith for $7.50 (chain stores quoted $40-80). Drilled a hole in it for a keyring incase I choose to move it from the fob. I had to grind it down a bit to get it to fit in the fob compartment. Since it's so short, there is not enough leverage to get it to turn. However, I can use the small s-biner on my key ring to get enough leverage to turn it. I'll more likely use it for the console/glovebox/seats than the actual door.

Since the wheel fell off of my old jack while I was underneath the JT, I went ahead and ordered a new jack. Pro eagle 2 ton "OG". I opted to not get the "Talon" because the cool off-road wheels would make it harder to maneuver on the garage floor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
EDIT: After having some time to use the ZAuto camera in Moab, I do not recommend it. The quality isn't very good and the sun washes it out too much.

Busy day.
Installed RokBlokz XL Original mudflaps front and rear, Mopar auxiliary switches, Z Automotive front camera, and Gobi painted dash panels.

Rokblokz were a peice of cake to install.
Dash panels were pretty easy.

The Aux switches and front camera were a pain to get through the firewall as was messing with various electrical connectors. I had to do some trouble shooting, because my UConnect turned blue theme, and didn't show any Jeep features on it. Rechecked all the electrical connectors and UConnect changed back to red theme and the Jeep fired right up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Added a Rigid 10" SR Pro midnight series up front and hooked it to the 15A aux switch. Works like a charm. Dark pictures don't come out well.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
67 Designs driver side mount installed this morning. It uses one factory screw in the dash and a 3M adhesive base, with the option of drilling the dash for two additional screws. I opted not to drill. You also have the option of removing the top mat, or cutting to fit. I chose to cut.

It seems the magnet is only the trim around the mount, not the whole mount itself. It works fine for the bigger metal back plates, but I could see it being a problem for the smaller back plate used on my wife's phone.

Sponsored