Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job with it. I'm slacking on mine, compared to what your doing.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
The build looks good!
Nice job with it. I'm slacking on mine, compared to what your doing.

Thanks, I had a little bit of spare cash left over from the TJ, so I rerouted it to the JT. I'm expecting a delivery tomorrow, and then I should be mostly done for a bit.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I had a little bit of spare cash left over from the TJ, so I rerouted it to the JT. I'm expecting a delivery tomorrow, and then I should be mostly done for a bit.
Well I'm still holding on to other Jeeps (LJ, XJ, MJ), some other projects and saving up for a cap "RSI, RLD" or something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Diamondback HD smooth bed cover arrived and installed today. They estimated 45 days to ship and it was just about right. Instructions were easy to follow, and install was simple by myself.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107.jpg

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Rebel Off-Road rear bumper with bed sliders installed. I wanted a rear bumper tire carrier, but then the JT wouldn’t fit in the garage. My main requirements were bed protection, tabs for d-rings, backup sensors, and the ability to use the factory license plate lights. I couldn’t find a single bumper that satisfied all of my criteria, so I picked the closest and modified.

Ordered bare steel, ordered a set of the license plate light brackets and cut the holes into the bumper. Had to switch left for right and turn them upside down to get the light directed at the plate.

It requires you to cut off the half circle of metal that is used as the step support on the factory bumper. Made quick work with a cut off wheel and grinder.

The backup sensors are held in by the pressure of a rubber ball on a metal bracket. The studs are preinstalled, one of mine was spinning in place. I contacted Rebel and they said “first for us, secure it with silicone”.

One of the tread plates that attach to the top of the bed slider didn’t line up mounting holes.

The bed sliders also press into the lower black trim of the rear flares. I used some old rubber gasket to keep it from moving around and gouging it.

Overall I really like the look, but wish the aforementioned issues hadn’t been present.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Wired up the Rigid D-Series Pro midnight diffused cubes (202513BLK) to the rear bumper and installed an outlet in the bed with a plug for the ARB fridge, two USB and a voltmeter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Steering box TSB preformed today. Feels tighter, but could be placebo. Only have about 15 miles on it so I’ll give it some time to feel it out.

Oil change #2 in the books @ 7,492 miles. Mopar M0349 filter (68191349AC) and 5qts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20. Fumoto drain valve and RockHard skids made for a nice quick and clean job

All 5 tires rotated @ 7,516 miles.

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Working on a road trip for next month, so I finally got a round to mounting the Smittybilt XL RTT. Ran to the steel yard to get some flat bar to make mounts since I’d been using round cross bars on the 4R.

Hangs over the rear a little bit, but not as bad as I’d expected. I like the lower height compared to the roof of the 4R as well. Didn't want to open it up as it started raining, and I still need to smooth up the brackets and paint them.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Just remembered I had one more box of parts in the garage. Installed the RH4x4 front/rear lower control arm skids and rear shock skids. Install was easy and straight forward.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
1UP makes a solid rack, and allows the tailgate to be opened when tilted down with bikes on it. Crossbars worked great for the roof rack as well.

b9c6af1c-6012-4d8d-aa89-8a28510000c6-jpeg-jpg.jpg

099adb8f-b2c7-4ef3-9930-100cf8361c26-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I didn't really want to spend $300+ on a fridge slide, so I took some wood and made a fridge holder. Threw a sheet of acrylic plastic under the fridge to help it slide, and my wife wanted to put some color on it, so she painted a mountain scene for me. Checked out the Smitybilt XL RTT and am now ready to go for our Utah trip coming up.

Sponsored