Sponsored

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
My cover arrived a couple days before promised and I spent this afternoon/evening installing it. The box arrived in good shape with no obvious damage to it. It took a little longer than the YouTube video to install, but my wife made tostadas and there was a lot of neighbor and friend traffic at the house. Anyway, install went pretty smoothly. However, just as others have reported, the end finishing tab was broken. On mine it was the left tab. I noticed when I rolled it out during install. I looked around the bed to find broken parts, but didn't find any. I went back to the box and I found the broken bits sitting in the box, so it was definitely something that happened during packing or shipping. I also found a bit on my driveway where I laid it down to cut the plastic wrapping off. My thoughts are that the "reverse roll" that the cover arrives in leaves that part exposed and vulnerable to any impact or pressure. Attaching pictures. @RealTruck, can you send me a replacement? Looks like the part is held by a pin and clips molded on the piece.

Otherwise the cover looks great on my white and black JT, fits tight, and works really well.

Edit: Where the heck do you get a T47 torx bit! I couldn't take my bedliner out to make the cuts because nobody in town had one. What's wrong with using a T45 or T50? Anyway-be forewarned that if you have the bedliner and want to remove it to make the cuts, be sure you have one. I had a whole Torx set and figured one would be there but, nope!

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210930_223254

Here are the bits in the box:

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210930_223413
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
@Iamstubb I do apologize for this,
If you don't mind would you please send me a PM with your order number?
Once I receive that, I will go ahead and get the process started to get some sent out to you!

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
@Iamstubb I do apologize for this,
If you don't mind would you please send me a PM with your order number?
Once I receive that, I will go ahead and get the process started to get some sent out to you!
No sweat, I can see this has nothing to do with you guys, just a manufacturing/packing issue. Those end pieces are not designed to be taking impact and are not protected well. Really, just some foam capping the end of that thing would solve all these headaches for you guys.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
My cover arrived a couple days before promised and I spent this afternoon/evening installing it. The box arrived in good shape with no obvious damage to it. It took a little longer than the YouTube video to install, but my wife made tostadas and there was a lot of neighbor and friend traffic at the house. Anyway, install went pretty smoothly. However, just as others have reported, the end finishing tab was broken. On mine it was the left tab. I noticed when I rolled it out during install. I looked around the bed to find broken parts, but didn't find any. I went back to the box and I found the broken bits sitting in the box, so it was definitely something that happened during packing or shipping. I also found a bit on my driveway where I laid it down to cut the plastic wrapping off. My thoughts are that the "reverse roll" that the cover arrives in leaves that part exposed and vulnerable to any impact or pressure. Attaching pictures. @RealTruck, can you send me a replacement? Looks like the part is held by a pin and clips molded on the piece.

Otherwise the cover looks great on my white and black JT, fits tight, and works really well.

Edit: Where the heck do you get a T47 torx bit! I couldn't take my bedliner out to make the cuts because nobody in town had one. What's wrong with using a T45 or T50? Anyway-be forewarned that if you have the bedliner and want to remove it to make the cuts, be sure you have one. I had a whole Torx set and figured one would be there but, nope!

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210930_223413

Got my end caps in today from @RealTruck. They have been excellent to work with on all my issues with the cover. Bak is going to blame all issues on FedEx, but it is clearly a QC problem on their part. The 3rd set of rails came and the passenger side was bent a little, but I’m tired of Fing with it and made it work. It’s hard to roll up once it gets to the halfway point and I’m sure it’s because the bent rail has it in a bind. Still on the fence on if I want to keep it on the truck or take it off and take a match to it. 🤬

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I don't know, but I'd keep bugging them about a correct rail. It's a lot of money for a messed up cover. Mine is looking pretty good. Rolls up nice and tight and secure.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20211002_110927

Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I don't know, but I'd keep bugging them about a correct rail. It's a lot of money for a messed up cover. Mine is looking pretty good. Rolls up nice and tight and secure.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20211002_110927
Does yours kinda bind up and feel tight when it gets close to the cab? Mine unrolls fine until it get to just past the fender wells. Then it is super tight and you have to use some force to keep rolling it to the cab.

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Does yours kinda bind up and feel tight when it gets close to the cab? Mine unrolls fine until it get to just past the fender wells. Then it is super tight and you have to use some force to keep rolling it to the cab.
I went out and tested it and it rolls up smoothly. Nice and tight and the straps hold it very securely. I can do it from the side of the bed and both sides stay aligned. If there is binding, maybe a slat is misaligned? I did notice when I first unrolled it that there was a "hump" in the rear 1/3 which turned out to be a misaligned slat. But I worked it back and forth a bit and it snapped in place. The only other thing that it might be is that the rails are not even or bent. Can you roll it all the way up and check the rails for bends?

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I went out and tested it and it rolls up smoothly. Nice and tight and the straps hold it very securely. I can do it from the side of the bed and both sides stay aligned. If there is binding, maybe a slat is misaligned? I did notice when I first unrolled it that there was a "hump" in the rear 1/3 which turned out to be a misaligned slat. But I worked it back and forth a bit and it snapped in place. The only other thing that it might be is that the rails are not even or bent. Can you roll it all the way up and check the rails for bends?
The passenger side rail is not up tight against the bulkhead. The main part is, but the small tab that doesn’t bolt to the bulkhead is bent. Even without taking the gasket off for a spray in bedliner it is not touching by at least 1/8” if not more. This has been a BIG PIA 🤬

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
The passenger side rail is not up tight against the bulkhead. The main part is, but the small tab that doesn’t bolt to the bulkhead is bent. Even without taking the gasket off for a spray in bedliner it is not touching by at least 1/8” if not more. This has been a BIG PIA 🤬
That sux. I hope they make it right.:(

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon

Update: New end caps arrived today (thanks Alex!) and the replacement snapped on perfect and all is good. Really nice cover. Had a heavy rain overnight and bed was nice and dry in the morning!

Sponsored

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I can't recommend BakFlip or RealTruck at this point. I have owned 4 BakFlip covers in the past and they have been great. I really was interested in the new X4 for the Jeep but based on the painful lead time and the QC issues, I played it safe and opted for the MX4. Seems like the QC issues are not specific to just the X4s. Mine arrived with some noticeable scratches that I could live with but was missing the two rail end caps. I have contacted Alex here on the forum and created a support ticket with zero response from either. Seems like RealTruck isn't interested in repeat business.

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
I can't recommend BakFlip or RealTruck at this point. I have owned 4 BakFlip covers in the past and they have been great. I really was interested in the new X4 for the Jeep but based on the painful lead time and the QC issues, I played it safe and opted for the MX4. Seems like the QC issues are not specific to just the X4s. Mine arrived with some noticeable scratches that I could live with but was missing the two rail end caps. I have contacted Alex here on the forum and created a support ticket with zero response from either. Seems like RealTruck isn't interested in repeat business.

I was out since Friday for Bereavement due to a family member passing. As soon as I got in I made sure that your issue was taken care of. Our customer service works tickets in the order they are received and usually have a 3 day time for tickets to be touched due to volume. There are unfortunately alot of issues going on with many manufacturers and Im sure many members will agree on the fact that I try to go above and beyond for my customers and I am sorry you feel this way.

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Alex has been great, and I love this cover. I'm on road trip in Oregon, lots of muddy unpaved roads and rain. My bed is dry and tight. Thankfully because I have a lot stored "bak" there.

Alex, sorry to hear about your loss. I have offered prayers for their peace and rest in His eternal light.
Sponsored