Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Talk about a disappointment, just opened the box to install my X4s and the first rail I pulled out is broken. There is a flimsy little piece of plastic that just fell out of the bag. You can see where it goes in the pics. It seemed packed very well, so if it broke that easy during shipping, then there is no way it will hold up to daily use.

84BBAB45-5135-4AA9-B578-1F13CE281351.jpeg

C2622C56-4FD7-4596-9383-FFB1EE599056.jpeg

28606CFE-11B5-4D00-B413-893F81191E4F.jpeg

90BBCBE4-3496-4133-89AB-05DC7B3697E0.jpeg

05C3BF8A-2D67-458D-B147-B40B84D363F4.jpeg
Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Also just noticed that the left rail is bent all to F where it bolts to the bulkhead. 🤬

119B17B3-C63D-48C0-B258-1298CFD70FE3.jpeg

76AEC3F7-7A9D-462A-BCAB-103D6C791FD6.jpeg

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
@Toyfrog
If you would kindly PM me everything including the email you used to order with I will gladly get this taken care of for you and apologize for the inconvenience as this is not how it should have arrived

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 Mini Cooper S
Has anyone gotten one of these and actually been happy with it? I really want to order it, but feel like there are just too many issues with it for the price.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Has anyone gotten one of these and actually been happy with it? I really want to order it, but feel like there are just too many issues with it for the price.
Yes, I have and am very happy with it. Alex makes it painless to order, he does most of the work when he sets up your deal. BAK responds quickly to emails when you have questions or problems.

A little tip on install, if you have bedliner sprayed in, drill the liner out of the top holes in the bulkhead, the rubber crush nut is a TIGHT fit. If you don't have a wobble extension or universal joint for your ratchet, get one. The side rails for the cover hide all the bolt ups and it's close tolerance on the bottom of the rail and your ratchet/socket.

Sponsored

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi Alex, I am interested in the BAK 4xs for my new Gladiator. I have a drop-in under rail bedliner. I think that will install fine. Please send a quote when you get a chance.

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
@cooperjet I can completely understand your hesitation with seeing these issues pop up and them seeming to be frequent. I run many forums for our company and have personally sold close to 200 of these covers. While the number of issues does seem high we have had a lot of success with these covers. Yes there have been several issues and I will not try to hide that but we also work very hard to make sure our customers, no matter the outcome, are satisfied in the end.

If you do feel like pulling the trigger and giving this cover a shot I am always here to answer any questions as best as I can. If it is the t-slot capability that interests you about this cover, it has recently been brought to my attention of a system that will work with several covers we carry, whether it is a hard folding or soft roll-up.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
I've had mine installed for over 3 months, had no issues with broken parts and am very pleased. And Alex is great to work with. Purchased mine and didn't know there was a discount. Contacted him and they refunded me. Very pleased with this vendor.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy Bak 1

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy Bak 2 (2)

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 Mini Cooper S
@cooperjet I can completely understand your hesitation with seeing these issues pop up and them seeming to be frequent. I run many forums for our company and have personally sold close to 200 of these covers. While the number of issues does seem high we have had a lot of success with these covers. Yes there have been several issues and I will not try to hide that but we also work very hard to make sure our customers, no matter the outcome, are satisfied in the end.

If you do feel like pulling the trigger and giving this cover a shot I am always here to answer any questions as best as I can. If it is the t-slot capability that interests you about this cover, it has recently been brought to my attention of a system that will work with several covers we carry, whether it is a hard folding or soft roll-up.
Thank you for the honest reply. I like the idea of the hard rolling cover from a slight security standpoint but the t slots are an added bonus. I guess drop me an updated quote and I might go this route. Feel free to mention the other system and potential covers to go with that as well.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I have been in contact with Alex and he is going to send out new rails and I am going to give the X4s a try. Just kinda mad that you spend that kinda money and get broken products. I can understand the plastic tab breaking off, kinda, but the bent bulkhead bracket should have been caught at QC, that is if back even QC’s them. It’s not like it was bent a little.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
For those asking about the BAK Revolver X4s’ capability with the Yakima Overhaul HD and Tonneau Kit 1, is what I found today….

If someone has access to a Retrax version, I would like to know the thickness of the outer rail.

It appears to get this to installed, I will need to trim at least 5/16” off the plastic adapter piece that comes with the Yakima Tonneau Kit 1. Before I do that, I want to do some additional research. I had a really tough time finding this kit. The other gaps should be easily filled.

The positive is the hardware fits in the channels well. I believe with a bit of trimming on the plastic adapter, the rack should work. More to come.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy Bak 2 (2)

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Looking back over these pictures, I realized that I was not looking at how the "feet" of the adjustable towers overlap the seal of the BAK Revolver X4s tonneau. I'll take a look again, but this would mean the Yakima Overhaul HD with Tonneau Kit rack would not work. Meaning, you would not be able to open your tonneau cover with the rack installed.... more to come.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Short answer, yes! I really do like the bed cover and it's convenience in daily use, and Alex is great to work with. I've since ordered additional goodies from him (bed rug, bumper, fog lights, probably a few other things too, I'm sure my wife could tell you haha).

Longer answer, check my posts in this thread, has pictures and a write up of install, use, an issue, their support process and resolution.

I have no affiliation with Alex, Real Truck or Bakflip. I would order the X4s from Alex again.

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
@be77solo
I really appreciate the kind words. I try my best to make sure everyone is taken care of as quickly as possible and left satisfied. I am the sole person that runs this and several other forums for our company so some things can fall through the cracks. I appreciate every one of you and am glad I have the opportunity to help outfit these rigs

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Ok, so Alex sent out some new rails for my X4s that’s been sitting in the garage for the last week or so. And low and behold, both new rails are bent in the same spot, so out of 2 sets of rails, I only have 1 straight that lines up without forcing it. 🤬

I want to like this cover, but Bak’s QC is $hit.

9A760882-2C3F-4A4B-A757-6B42867D4383.jpeg

AA4C84D2-31B9-4D5A-A8DF-2529D064C75C.jpeg
Sponsored