First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
If there is an existing thread link me and I'll delete this one.

Took the brand new Mojave out to Superstition off road area in California. Hero 10 at max hypersmooth. Insane tech but ruins showing how rough this run was!

Right after this we headed to dunes and I did some magazine quality dune runs.....and the GoPro battery was dead. Next time.. battery died here:

The JL I was following is a veteran at this place....I was a careful newb.

Tech :

GoPro Hero 10 at 4k60 with max Hypersmooth on suction cup mount.

Guage data from GoPro sensors rendered in Telemetry Overlay software @ h.265.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rraya10

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Oil Worker
Great clip. That looks like a lot of fun! Might have to take a trip out there the next time I do a small vacation down to SD. How did the Mojave do/feel? I've had my Mojave for about 3 months now but haven't had a chance to take it off roading since I'm in Los Angeles and haven't had a lot of free time as of late.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Great clip. That looks like a lot of fun! Might have to take a trip out there the next time I do a small vacation down to SD. How did the Mojave do/feel? I've had my Mojave for about 3 months now but haven't had a chance to take it off roading since I'm in Los Angeles and haven't had a lot of free time as of late.
It's like a boat on the water. So smooth. I can assure you that you will not regret buying the Mojave trim. Total blast. Wife and 3 kids in the back are loving it too.

The only thing that surprised me was the deeper ruts at slower speeds...you hit those hydraulic jounces....you hear it...but don't feel it and it doesn't upset the vehicle I was just alarmed at first!

Last edited:

rraya10

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Oil Worker
It's like a boat on the water. So smooth. I can assure you that you will not regret buying the Mojave trim. Total blast. Wife and 3 kids in the back are loving it too.

The only thing that surprised me was the deeper ruts at slower speeds...you hit those hydraulic jounces....you hear it...but don't feel it and it doesn't upset the vehicle I was just alarmed at first!
That's good to hear! This is my first Jeep and my first off road vehicle in general, so it's all new to me but I definitely need to get out to some dunes and trails soon! Desert running is why I chose the Mojave over the Rubicon. & I will try to brace myself, but I am sure I will be worried nonetheless haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
That's good to hear! This is my first Jeep and my first off road vehicle in general, so it's all new to me but I definitely need to get out to some dunes and trails soon! Desert running is why I chose the Mojave over the Rubicon. & I will try to brace myself, but I am sure I will be worried nonetheless haha
As far as this area....it was a 100 mile drive from my house and I live in East County San Diego. Keep that in mind.

My first off road vehicle too. I spent my pre kids life in 700+ HP Mustangs. Worthless to me now with the kids. The Jeep has given me a new hobby that is family friendly!!

You'll get your off road legs quick. Just use common sense and take everything slow at first and you'll learn your Jeep's capabilities. Just remember it ain't a trophy truck...common sense again.

My best newb advice is don't even think about going offroad without an air compressor in your kit. I bought the Viair 400p for a little under 300$. You gotta air down. The 400p airs me back up in less than 15 minutes from 15 psi to 37 doing 1 tire at a time.

rraya10

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Oil Worker
As far as this area....it was a 100 mile drive from my house and I live in East County San Diego. Keep that in mind.

My first off road vehicle too. I spent my pre kids life in 700+ HP Mustangs. Worthless to me now with the kids. The Jeep has given me a new hobby that is family friendly!!

You'll get your off road legs quick. Just use common sense and take everything slow at first and you'll learn your Jeep's capabilities. Just remember it ain't a trophy truck...common sense again.

My best newb advice is don't even think about going offroad without an air compressor in your kit. I bought the Viair 400p for a little under 300$. You gotta air down. The 400p airs me back up in less than 15 minutes from 15 psi to 37 doing 1 tire at a time.
I'm 23 with no kids (yet) so I have the Mojave and an 88 Camaro IROC project car. Best of both worlds lol. But off roading is a new type of fun. Just need to get out on the trail/dunes more. And thanks for the advice. I will look into getting the air compressor soon

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Installing the steel bumpers, front and rear, help to also solidify the Jeep over bumps.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That's exactly what I was wondering about, the location of the mount. I think I'll keep mine on the dash mount. Just got a 10, the DJI case prevented charging the Osmo Action and in general I was NOT happy with the features. Hope the GoPro works out, I dig that telemetry overlay you put in your video!

Jeep Gladiator The GoPro mounted on your hood thread 20211126_172640

When you remove your GoPro after a day at the dunes.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Man this is an awesome clip. I'm going to follow your channel. I'm out in the Midwest and FL. Looks fantastic blasting through the desert. Feel free to post more clips.
The GoPros have been my go-to for motorsport action for years. I have a 8 Black bought when it came out. They release a new one every year lol.

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

Took the brand new Mojave out to Superstition off road area in California. Hero 10 at max hypersmooth. Insane tech but ruins showing how rough this run was!

Right after this we headed to dunes and I did some magazine quality dune runs.....and the GoPro battery was dead. Next time.. battery died here:

Tech :

Im still using my old GoPro Hero 3+, its showing its age nowadays and Ive been thinking of upgrading. Its hard to justify as I dont really get out to do much driving such as the stuff you are doing. But I love the tech in this I had forgotten about the gauge data and I love that concept.
your video looks epic btw

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Im still using my old GoPro Hero 3+, its showing its age nowadays and Ive been thinking of upgrading. Its hard to justify as I dont really get out to do much driving such as the stuff you are doing. But I love the tech in this I had forgotten about the gauge data and I love that concept.
your video looks epic btw
GoPro is an odd company. Their own software for desktop was discontinued and doesn't even support the gauges. I bought this for a little under $100 and it's great for quick clips, light editing, and gauges. The Hero10 is *awesome* though.

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/telemetry-overlay-trial

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Tech :

If you want to show they roughness, you can turn off the hypersmooth. I put my GoPro 9 insisde the windshield so you could actually see the hood bouncing around. Only way to give an idea of how rough it was.

Since you can run the GoPro while it is hooked up to a usb cable (that is how I ran mine long enough to fill up the ssd card), you may want to consider trying to wire up a usb cable to the front of the hood.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
If you want to show they roughness, you can turn off the hypersmooth. I put my GoPro 9 insisde the windshield so you could actually see the hood bouncing around. Only way to give an idea of how rough it was.

Since you can run the GoPro while it is hooked up to a usb cable (that is how I ran mine long enough to fill up the ssd card), you may want to consider trying to wire up a usb cable to the front of the hood.
For sure. In my cars it was always inside. New Gladiator I had this wild hair to mount it outside. The dirty lens was instant but still seemed to cut through OK. Good idea on the cable. Will do that when I wire the Aux switches ( that's gonna be SUPER fun... lol ). The lame thing is I had 3 spare bats with me but I was just having so much fun I forgot about the GoPro!

I did like the engine noise and outside noises over my useless banter inside.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
GoPro is an odd company. Their own software for desktop was discontinued and doesn't even support the gauges. I bought this for a little under $100 and it's great for quick clips, light editing, and gauges. The Hero10 is *awesome* though.

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/telemetry-overlay-trial
I hate gopro software with a passion. I mean i absolutely hate it. if I have to buy some 3rd party software just to make that work ill probably just skip the 10 then.
Sponsored