Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Now that is funny! Yes, it can tow a trailer and even put a few blocks in it, but there are better and safer tools out there that can handle the load and stop a lot better.
Don't agree at all with the stopping bit - this JT stops every bit as well as my Silverado did.
And with trailer brakes, it's zero concern.
With a big load (you are seeing the partial load in the pic - it's been more full) it stops ok.
As with any towing or hauling - you leave more time and space in between. Don't drive like a 16 year old who just got his license leaving 2 feet between you and the next guy.
Frankly we can almost always say "there are better and safer tools..........." there were better trucks for towing than my F250, there were better trucks for hauling weight than my Silverado.
For its ratings, it does fine. People need to stop comparing to a 3/4 or 1 ton dually truck.
We could say a 1950 1 ton Chevrolet isn't a truck. It can't haul or tow the weight and the stopping would be abysmal at best with any real load in or behind it.
No one is saying it can haul 7,000 pounds of trailer as well as a 3/4 ton truck, no one is saying it can haul 1500 pounds of payload as easily as a full-sized heavy Ford or Chevy.
It's a matter of degrees. Just because it's no up there with an F250 or larger doesn't mean it's not a great truck for it's load and towing ranges.
No matter what you are towing or hauling, someone will come up with something "better" in their opinion.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's a Jeep!? It has it's own category.
My Comanche was a Jeep - a Jeep truck. I towed full anhydrous tanks into my plowed fields with it. I hauled wagons back and forth with it.
It was my farm truck for a couple of years.
I loaded it with seed corn, seed beans, chemicals to go refill my sprayer tanks, hauled my water wagon and transfer pump......
.. it was a Jeep, so it wasn't a truck??
I couldn't do quite the things I did with my C20 but then the Comanche was 4x4 and could go where the Chevy could not.

Ya might be amazed what a Jeep truck can do - and safely.
So these look a bit like a Wrangler in a couple of respects, that means it's not a truck? Looks matter? It's got the rear suspension of a RAM - a truck, but it's not a truck because parts look like a Wrangler?
The frame and rear suspension were designed, engineered, to be a truck - copied from Ram, indisputably a great truck.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
My Comanche was a Jeep - a Jeep truck. I towed full anhydrous tanks into my plowed fields with it. I hauled wagons back and forth with it.
I loaded it with seed corn, seed beans, chemicals to go refill my sprayer tanks, hauled my water wagon and transfer pump......
I couldn't do quite the things I did with my C20 but then the Comanche was 4x4 and could go where the Chevy could not.

So these look a bit like a Wrangler in a couple of respects, that means it's not a truck? Looks matter? It's got the rear suspension of a RAM - a truck, but it's not a truck because parts look like a Wrangler?
The frame and rear suspension were designed, engineered, to be a truck - copied from Ram, indisputably a great truck.
Don't agree at all with the stopping bit - this JT stops every bit as well as my Silverado did.
And with trailer brakes, it's zero concern.
With a big load (you are seeing the partial load in the pic - it's been more full) it stops ok.
As with any towing or hauling - you leave more time and space in between. Don't drive like a 16 year old who just got his license leaving 2 feet between you and the next guy.
Frankly we can almost always say "there are better and safer tools..........." there were better trucks for towing than my F250, there were better trucks for hauling weight than my Silverado.
For its ratings, it does fine. People need to stop comparing to a 3/4 or 1 ton dually truck.
We could say a 1950 1 ton Chevrolet isn't a truck. It can't haul or tow the weight and the stopping would be abysmal at best with any real load in or behind it.
No one is saying it can haul 7,000 pounds of trailer as well as a 3/4 ton truck, no one is saying it can haul 1500 pounds of payload as easily as a full-sized heavy Ford or Chevy.
It's a matter of degrees. Just because it's no up there with an F250 or larger doesn't mean it's not a great truck for it's load and towing ranges.
No matter what you are towing or hauling, someone will come up with something "better" in their opinion.
Okay.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT

👌

Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
I say Jeep/truck.

ChatGPT says truck!

😄

Jeep Gladiator The Jeep Gladiator IS a CAR!! E060D052-3E65-4D45-ADBD-EC8C65B5EFAC

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Let me rephrase, it is the most fragile " truck" I have. Sorry to have miss spoke.
Sorry, that only buys you one or two IQ points. ;) Please explain to me how a double-cab midsize pickup with a steel bed, fully boxed frame, solid axles on both ends, heavy-duty suspension (especially in the case of the Rubicon & Mojave - along with things like lockers and a disconnecting front swaybar) and serious off-road capability is “fragile”. Uni-body “trucks” like the Ridgeline, Santa Cruz, and Maverick are car-like and probably fragile by comparison, but the Gladiator is not fragile in any way.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
This is EGREGIOUS. Jeeps are NOT cars. The reason every Ute out there gets called a Jeep is because the Willys, the CJs and the Wranglers are so iconic. SO, I hereby declare that calling a JL or JT anything but a Jeep is HERESY! To the pit of misery to those who would blaspheme the almighty Jeep name!

:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

Dear OP, please read this with the intended sarcasm it was written in. Call it any damn thing you want, but I plan to call one MINE.
I wish I had put this clause at the end of my posts. Some people really took offense to their truck being called a car or a Jeep.