Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2010 Nissan GT-R
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That's useless with the tailgate open, no? Not long enough.

Sponsored

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Are there any hard points (hinges, etc) when it's laid flat, or is the gap between them gonna be the only hinderance to sleeping across 2?

GLADY8R

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USPS Maintenance Electronic Technician
Well, for me it was a must have tailgate accessory! - Ozark Trail (Walmart brand) easy-folding padded truck tailgating couch with polyester fabric. Metal frame with recline settings. Multiple uses for tailgating, camping, stadium, and possibly for passengers riding in the bed in states that still allow that sort of thing. Available at Walmart.com for 59.99 (and they will price match in store where it is regularly 64.99). Folds flat and cleans easy. Available in black, camo, red (looks pinkish in person). Link below picture.
Jeep Gladiator The must have JT tailgate accessory! Padded truck tailgating couch (Ozark Trail) IMG_5315

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...olyester-Fabric-Black/112053606?selected=true
I noticed that you don't have it strapped to the tailgate, now I know why,,,The straps are too short! ARG!

Sponsored

GLADY8R

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USPS Maintenance Electronic Technician
Are there any hard points (hinges, etc) when it's laid flat, or is the gap between them gonna be the only hinderance to sleeping across 2?
No gaps lays flat!

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that you don't have it strapped to the tailgate, now I know why,,,The straps are too short! ARG!
Yeah, the straps are pretty useless. I haven't even bothered to attach them. I haven't had any issues with it moving around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I do not feel the steel frame when laying across two of them. Sleeping bags add to comfort and padding. There is zipper access on the top and bottom areas of the seat where you could add additional padding if you wanted.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
This is pretty cool. Unfortunately my wife is not a tent camper, but if I had a reason to do this setup, I would do this in a heartbeat.