Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My only problem is I would need a ladder to get up to the tailgate bench.
I hear ya. When my wife sees me climbing in the back of mine to grab something out of reach, she wants to give me a boost or find me a ladder.
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya. When my wife sees me climbing in the back of mine to grab something out of reach, she wants to give me a boost or find me a ladder.
When we went on vacation on the OBX, I threw a little step ladder in the bed to help get in and out of the bed. I can reach everything without getting up in the bed but I knew I was going to be taking people on the beach. Plan on getting one of those benches before next years trip, several folks that chose to ride in the back ended up with sore butts, maybe I could use two, facing each other.

Sponsored

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Does it fit between the wheel wells up against the back of the bed?
Yes it does. If it stops raining here, I'll snap some pictures of it in different placement in the bed.

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Thanks! Something else to buy. It never ends.
Pics I said I would take...

Couch shown at the rear of bed, between wheel wells folded, and unfolded between wells. Had the tri-fold on so it's leaning up a bit in the last pic, but it will go between wheel wells and up against the cab nicely. It's snug between the wheel wells too... almost like it was meant to go there. lol

Jeep Gladiator The must have JT tailgate accessory! Padded truck tailgating couch (Ozark Trail) thumbnail_IMG_7446

Jeep Gladiator The must have JT tailgate accessory! Padded truck tailgating couch (Ozark Trail) thumbnail_IMG_7444

Jeep Gladiator The must have JT tailgate accessory! Padded truck tailgating couch (Ozark Trail) thumbnail_IMG_7445

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
And it looks like, if you had a truck bed tent, two of those would make a mattress. What is the flat measurement?
Dang it Murgatroid! You are going to make me go buy another one.

The dimensions are 45.30" x 3.5" (thickness) x 35". The tailgate would have to be down for both to be flat and side by side, but if you have a truck bed tent it would be down anyway. And their seems to be enough padding over the framing where you could use them as a mattress.

Note to self: Buy another folding tailgate couch. Buy a truck bed tent. Ignore posts from Murgatroid who makes me spend more money. LOL

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Dang it Murgatroid! You are going to make me go buy another one.

The dimensions are 45.30" x 3.5" (thickness) x 35". The tailgate would have to be down for both to be flat and side by side, but if you have a truck bed tent it would be down anyway. And their seems to be enough padding over the framing where you could use them as a mattress.

Note to self: Buy another folding tailgate couch. Buy a truck bed tent. Ignore posts from Murgatroid who makes me spend more money. LOL
I've been kicking around what to do. From different tents to trailers. My thinking is, the bed tent is the cheapest. There are some cheap plastic totes that two fills the bed with room on top, would have to see if the benches and totes would still fit under tonneau covers but could pull cover for camping season and use tarp and ropes to cover and then have tarp for a porch or what ever, figure I load supplies in back and in totes, get to camp site, pull totes, set up tent.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Pics I said I would take...

Couch shown at the rear of bed, between wheel wells folded, and unfolded between wells. Had the tri-fold on so it's leaning up a bit in the last pic, but it will go between wheel wells and up against the cab nicely. It's snug between the wheel wells too... almost like it was meant to go there. lol

Jeep Gladiator The must have JT tailgate accessory! Padded truck tailgating couch (Ozark Trail) thumbnail_IMG_7445

And it is your fault for having the picture of it fitting flat. I can't help my good ideas.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard