Sponsored

Tailgate Fail. Can’t believe Jeep doesn’t have an embossed tailgate! I had to pull off the cheap stick ons

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I dont think it is a fail on Jeeps part. I prefer the clean no letters look like yours is now, and an embossed tailgate like the old Fords would be ok to. But the majority of Jeep owners like to change things. I am sure Jeep is well aware of that. There is a big part of the jeep community that feel stickers and names are modifications especially if it rhymes with names like terminator. The plastic letters are easily removeable and allow for all types of letters , stripes, stickers etc for that crowd. Oh BTW, it's nice to see a Glad with vermont plates. I thought it was a law that the toughest rig you could own in VT was a Subaru, but at least you got the pink house. All in fun..but you are in Bernie land.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rkowalski

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
I have the overland also and they do fit, you just need to futz with them a bit. There’s a thread about what to buy and with from guys that are better at it than I am.

OP
OP
Rkowalski

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
Bernie no bueno and subaru in the same category. Get your pink on brother! An old buddy used to wear a pink lacoste shirt and white sunglasses just so someone would say something!! Ha, all in fun

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I'm learning as I own my 82 that the tailgates are highly sought after.

Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Fail. Can’t believe Jeep doesn’t have an embossed tailgate! I had to pull off the cheap stick ons PXL_20221007_232357287
That's the look I love but I bought stick on letters from limitless parts and they've done great over the past 7 months. I still can't believe how small they made the stock ones.

Sponsored

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
RN
I believe that is the aftermarket fender flare extension. I have thought about these however, haven't pulled the trigger on a kit yet. If I'm not mistaken, they are technicallyonly designed for the wrangler, no JT kit as of yet. Most JT owners have made them work one way or another.
They are mopar rubicon extreme extensions. It does take some finesse to fit

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
OP looks like there aren’t … unless it was a nice fill job or just the camera angle.

I’d prefer mine without the badge but don’t want the hassle of infilling
That's what I was wondering. I thought they all had alignment holes for the tailgate?

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
i debadged the Mojave and love it. I was left with the holes, but fuck the holes who gives a shit about holes...

20220905_132909.jpg

Sponsored

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
i debadged the Mojave and love it. I was left with the holes, but fuck the holes who gives a shit about holes...

Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Fail. Can’t believe Jeep doesn’t have an embossed tailgate! I had to pull off the cheap stick ons 20220905_132909
You are just trying to do your part in helping Bees survive. They appreciate the great warm dry place to make a nest. See, Your gladiator is an environmental vehicle.:)

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
Yes those are mopar recon fender flare extensions, made for the wrangler. Unfortunately, if you debadge the tailgate you’ll have to get two holes filled.
Did you use the fronts on the rear? I watched a You Tube video where the installer put the front extensions also on the back. What modifications are necessary to fit the standard kit on the rear?

OP
OP
Rkowalski

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
Readyt,

I think I used the fronts on the rear also. There is a ton of info about the install in the original thread. I just kind of figured it out by making some cuts in the extensions so that the extensions could be bent into to rear fender openings. I also had to drill new holes. All that said go to the original thread and read what suggestions the members made. They also posted pics of the cuts that they made to make everything fit. I think you should find the tread with a search on "extreme recon fender extension". Good luck, be patient and don't be alarmed if you get frustrated with the plastic rivets, they take a bit to get used to!
Sponsored