Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
@Deadeye

There are an assortment of reasons a JT could/would have a no start scenario.. More often then not though, if the ESS battery is depleted/bad, the JT will in fact start .... will start if the MAIN battery is healthy.

Also, you can start a JT with just the Aux being healthy, if you know how to set things up lets say..
The JT with it's 3.6, non-etorque engine and dual battery setups all behave/act/work the same way.

In closing., I'm not defending the batteries in a JT .... or the way it behaves.. Probalbly best to keep my knowledge to myself... so I don't get zeroed in on... 8-)
Playing the victim. Love it :LOL:

So there was a TSB for 2018 JL's. K. Cool. Never doubted that, and knew that. I went through that myself.

The bolded part of your sentence is what I have an issue with. My main battery was, and is, perfectly healthy. But my JT did not start on 4 separate occasions: three different Aux batteries. Everything was fine in the electrical ecosystem in the truck. The only issue was a failed aux.

I have read, and seen first hand, dozens of people have the aux battery fail/be too low of a voltage and unable to start. So yes, it is possible, and actually quite common for the earlier 2020 models. I have seen fewer issues regarding this starting around June/July 2020 so I am assuming QC changed or a new manufacturer was brought into play for the Aux batteries.

Information is more than accepted. However wrong info is not, which is the bolded part of your post.
Sponsored