Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Look here is my problem with the safety belt. I get it, on public roadways wear your belt, I wear mine, all the time as I head to the hills & play areas. However, when I get off road, and I'm jumping in and out of the vehicle to check obstacles, it sucks. The other situation that just pisses me off is, when I'm going down a hill and it gets just a little steeper, I can't sit up in the truck or lean forward to look over the hood, it literally pins down in the seat, at 2-mph. It's like let me the F-go so I can lean forward and see, please. I hate being restrained so tight in the seat I can't hardly release the clip to have it let go. But, I use my JT almost exclusively off road, so it happens alot when I drive it. The chime thing mentioned above is great, I hate all the chimes and dummy lights as well.

seasure1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
go to amazon and buy a seat belt extender for the Jeep for $10 works perfectly

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
go to amazon and buy a seat belt extender for the Jeep for $10 works perfectly
I don't want a belt on me when I'm jumping in and out, that was my point. Buy the dummy clip, much better. And its a bottle opener, will your seat belt extension do that? nope. I win, ha ha.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
as I said, I wear my belt on all the public roadways, seat belts save lives without a doubt. I follow the law. But I'm getting the impression you have never worked open land, had a chunk of property with gates as you drive around it or taken your JT off road where you get in and out every few hundred feet for a trail obstacle. You do you, and I'll do me. And I'm sure we can link each other to death. Here is an example where a seat bealt would have killed the occupants, even tho I did wear mine on this road this summer. Thank the good lord she was thrown from the vehicle, and just out of curiosity, do you wear your belt when fording rivers and creeks?

I'm starting to get the impression you are just trolling this site. I see you have no pictures, so I'm also starting to think you don't even have a JT. If you do, show me one picture of you with your JT on a dirt road, and I will buy a seatbelt extender to verify your credibility.

Last edited:

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I don't want a belt on me when I'm jumping in and out, that was my point. Buy the dummy clip, much better. And its a bottle opener, will your seat belt extension do that? nope. I win, ha ha.
Simply plugging in the belt extender does the same thing.....turns off the light AND the chime....and still leaves the ability to quickly hook up your seatbelt.

With the "dummy clip" in use to quash that hellaciously annoying chime, just suppose you suddenly and urgently NEED a beer opened, and your opener is tied up with choking the chime!! :O I mean, seriously......ya gotta prioritize!

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Simply plugging in the belt extender does the same thing.....turns off the light AND the chime....and still leaves the ability to quickly hook up your seatbelt.

With the "dummy clip" in use to quash that hellaciously annoying chime, just suppose you suddenly and urgently NEED a beer opened, and your opener is tied up with choking the chime!! :O I mean, seriously......ya gotta prioritize!
I think I wrote, "Bottle opener" but more importantly, Lets see you with your Gladiator on a dirt road.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I think I wrote, "Bottle opener" but more importantly, Lets see you with your Gladiator on a dirt road.
Seats are out right now......working on the red leather and the seat lowering kit.....Should be ready in a week or so. PS....Beer comes in bottles too. :)

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Day Um.......I went to find a pic.....realized that I have NONE! Wife has taken a couple I know, but can't seem to get them to me. I don't own a phone, so can't take any myself, but some ARE forthcoming......Thanks for the inspiration.

nolanfla

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Tech
Absolutley love my gladiator but the only thing that drives me insane is the dam seat belt beep screaming at me. I don't mind wearing my seat belt but just a 5 min drive to the store or down a dirt road ...come on? And on top of that it doesn't stop like most past cars Iv had after 3-4 beeps. It keeps going and going and going.....is there any fix for this? Or setting ? Does it drive you guys nuts to?
They have seat belt ends that'll plug into the original and warning is gone . Look just like the original seat belt latch

NjFabiano

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2008 Jeep JK, 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Insurance Sales
I paid $350 or so for my runner for my Jk. I bought a Tazer for my Gladiator. If all they did was turn off the seat belt beeper I would say it was worth it.
Then you must be broke. You can do it for free. “Truck with ignition button on RUN and the engine off. Wait for seatbelt ding to stop. Plug in seat belt and unplug 3 times. Shut engine off. Done. No continuous beep.”

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
Occupation
Engineer
Seats are out right now......working on the red leather and the seat lowering kit.....Should be ready in a week or so. PS....Beer comes in bottles too. :)
Any updates on this project? :like:

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link