First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
IT
I'm debating on buying a used soft top for my JTR. My wife don't want me to get rid of the my painted hard top. I've never bought a soft top before. So I'd like to know if I should look for certain things while shopping for used ones? I've found a few used ones on 2020 models, just not sure how much life expectancy a soft top has.

Also is there a big difference between the mopar one and others?

Thanks!
Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, 2023 JTM
The modern Jeep factory soft-tops hold up fairly well. Having said that, price should be lower on an older top, especially if it was used year round, kept outside, etc…
- Look for any tears in the fabric and check windows for scratches.
- For your JTR, you should try to find one with a tinted back window so it matches your rear doors.
- there are 2 materials - Standard top has Vinyl, The Premium top has a nice cloth material. Try to get the Premium if you can.

OP
OP
CreekFreak

CreekFreak

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
IT
The modern Jeep factory soft-tops hold up fairly well. Having said that, price should be lower on an older top, especially if it was used year round, kept outside, etc…
- Look for any tears in the fabric and check windows for scratches.
- For your JTR, you should try to find one with a tinted back window so it matches your rear doors.
- there are 2 materials - Standard top has Vinyl, The Premium top has a nice cloth material. Try to get the Premium if you can.
Thanks for replying! I live down south and I’m already tired of the hard top lol

chr15m

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Look at all the green plastic parts, those are the retaining/fastening points. Make sure they are not torn or cracked as that would result in possible leaks. I believe individual panels can be ordered from Mopar.

Look at the rear window for the same as above.

Check that there are still sealing rubber/foam gaskets on the hard plastics that attach to the cab .

Buy the premium twill, not the base version.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I would also take a ride on the highway with it on the seller's if possible to make sure there isn't a fitment problem.
Sponsored