• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Illinois Thinking of purchasing a Diesel Gladiator Rubicon Fully Loaded

Should I get Diesel or Gas

• Total voters

PogiPR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, BMW
Occupation
Retired
I would like to know what are all the pros and cons of owning a new diesel and how to maintain and upkeep it. I never own a jeep or a truck for that matter. My brother purchased a Mojave Gladiator loaded and he loves it and is asking me to purchase one too to get into Overlanding. I never purchased nor own an American car and don't know anything about them.

I would like to get into Overlanding and some Off-Road.

I would like to purchase a Diesel solely cause of the Fuel Efficiency I would get even if I would upgrade the Tires to 35s or 37s, Hardshell Tent, Smartcab or open cab.

I do not want to get a Tacoma or Tundra TDR Pro and rather get something that's reliable through the rough terrine and whatnot but want to make sure my Rig is ready for anything I may face in the future.

I don't want to do hardcore Rock Crawling so much but more of Overlanding than anything and long trips

The reason I would to get a Rubicon version rather than Overland or Willy is because of the Packages it would have for Off-Roading and whatnot and I wouldn't have to do any modifications to the suspensions, but if I'm wrong, please let me know. I'm open to any suggestions and advises. I'm new to this and would like go out of my comfort zone) and Explore what Iā€™ve been missing. Iā€™m planning on going to the Moore Expo ā€™22
Sponsored

Last edited:

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
I own a diesel Rubicon (JTRD) and love it so far and it does everything I want/need it to comfortably. Itā€™s my daily driver; however, but I donā€™t hesitate to go off roading. The Rubicon has a lot of the features (lockers, auto disconnect, gears, etc.) but you will have fun and enjoy whatever trim level you choose. The diesel has the torque to spin those larger tires too.

While plans always change, I am considering adding a cap with a rooftop tent. Weā€™ll see what direction I go inā€¦.

Shameless pics to demonstrate some capabilities and looks.

64677C8E-D425-430F-ADDD-A47BC1ED1856.jpeg

B062FA12-AB23-4D06-9729-5780D583E72D.jpeg

95CF2F7D-0941-47F2-9801-307E954508E5.jpeg

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Is your brother on the forum? Strange heā€™d suggest a loaded rubi given your requirements. Itā€™s actually a bad match, not just illogical. Iā€™d argue a Tacoma would be a better fit based purely on the reasons youā€™ve described.

OP
OP
PogiPR

PogiPR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, BMW
Occupation
Retired
I own a diesel Rubicon (JTRD) and love it so far and it does everything I want/need it to comfortably. Itā€™s my daily driver; however, but I donā€™t hesitate to go off roading. The Rubicon has a lot of the features (lockers, auto disconnect, gears, etc.) but you will have fun and enjoy whatever trim level you choose. The diesel has the torque to spin those larger tires too.

While plans always change, I am considering adding a cap with a rooftop tent. Weā€™ll see what direction I go inā€¦.

Shameless pics to demonstrate some capabilities and looks.

Jeep Gladiator Thinking of purchasing a Diesel Gladiator Rubicon Fully Loaded 95CF2F7D-0941-47F2-9801-307E954508E5

Jeep Gladiator Thinking of purchasing a Diesel Gladiator Rubicon Fully Loaded 95CF2F7D-0941-47F2-9801-307E954508E5

Very Nice šŸ‘šŸ» Love the white. Thinking of either getting the White, Black or Sting Gray.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Do you want the rubicon for the features you canā€™t get on a sport? If you can do without some of the fancy a sport S or Willyā€™s might be a good fit too. Save some cash for other mods.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PogiPR

PogiPR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, BMW
Occupation
Retired
Do you want the rubicon for the features you canā€™t get on a sport? If you can do without some of the fancy a sport S or Willyā€™s might be a good fit too. Save some cash for other mods.
Mainly for the Features thatā€™s already installed and didnā€™t want to worry about Upgrading the Suspension. But thank you. Will check into that.

OP
OP
PogiPR

PogiPR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, BMW
Occupation
Retired
Is your brother on the forum? Strange heā€™d suggest a loaded rubi given your requirements. Itā€™s actually a bad match, not just illogical. Iā€™d argue a Tacoma would be a better fit based purely on the reasons youā€™ve described.
Thank you for your respond. Nah my brother isnā€™t on here. He doesnā€™t like to read or write that much but watch a lot of YouTube videos. lol jk. I test drove the Tacoma and it seems a little small inside and hardly had any options and didnā€™t like the feel of it.

OP
OP
PogiPR

PogiPR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, BMW
Occupation
Retired
UPDATE!!!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

I did it, I made the purchase, but instead of a Rubicon, I went with a Mojave Fully Loaded Gas! (would be doing more Overlanding than Rock Crawling and whatnot,) And a significant part of the gas vs Diesel was the price of Diesel, almost 6 dollars to the gallon here vs Reg and the convinces of getting it just in case and price overall...

IMG_0919.jpeg

2ba5433b8931eb42117a22da5bc3fb02x.jpg

a0e9ca6726a978cd5540d5abe0fc8905x.jpg

4a884f39d70c10dd05dbe5dc5a0a82e8x.jpg

windowSticker.jpeg

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Thank you for your respond. Nah my brother isnā€™t on here. He doesnā€™t like to read or write that much but watch a lot of YouTube videos. lol jk. I test drove the Tacoma and it seems a little small inside and hardly had any options and didnā€™t like the feel of it.
Yup. My first two choices were Tacoma TuRD and 4Runner TuRD. They just donā€™t work for me. The Gladiator is a lot more comfortable for a tall and big guy.

On the Tacomaā€¦check out their forums. Tall guys talking about ā€œyou just need to learn how to sit in it.ā€ :LOL: How about just buying Something that you fine in? Lol.
Sponsored