Sponsored

Thinking of trading my 2018 Raptor for a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
since you brought this thread back from the dead I gotta ask: what you gonna do when they release a 392 Mojave?
Keep my 2020 JTRLE and laugh at those who spend crazy money for power that can’t really be used off road.

I’d rather spend money improving the Gladiator for off reading and camping.
Sponsored

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
I contemplated trading in my Gladiator for a Raptor. I would imagine the fun factor with that HO 3.5L is immense. However, I think I'm going to wait to see what the 2021 Raptor will entail, as that new F150 interior is GORGEOUS.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I contemplated trading in my Gladiator for a Raptor. I would imagine the fun factor with that HO 3.5L is immense. However, I think I'm going to wait to see what the 2021 Raptor will entail, as that new F150 interior is GORGEOUS.
Why not get a TRX then? The 2018 Raptor has power and is super comfy but it's also very quiet and refined from a handling perspective. nothing raw or beastly about it. plus lots of cheap plastics even with the carbon package

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Get a 392 JLU and a utility trailer. You will be happier.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Why not get a TRX then? The 2018 Raptor has power and is super comfy but it's also very quiet and refined from a handling perspective. nothing raw or beastly about it. plus lots of cheap plastics even with the carbon package
FYI you’re comparing apples to oranges price-wise - and the TRX is a new truck whereas the current Raptor is 4+ years old

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
FYI you’re comparing apples to oranges price-wise - and the TRX is a new truck whereas the current Raptor is 4+ years old
I know but if one lusts after power and for a more refined experience the TRX is the one to get right now. obviously a used 2018 will still run you around 50+K. Have you seen prices dealers are asking on the remaining 2020s? I also though the poster mentioned to wait for the new raptor

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
I can get a couple base Raptors here at just a hair under 60k. The TRX starts at 70k, which is a bit of a stretch out of my budget. However, we all know dealers are going to be asking above MSRP for this truck as it is new and everyone wants the latest and greatest. I would imagine it would be a while before anyone can get one under MSRP. Now, the new Wrangler 392 has me very tempted. As someone above stated, that with a utility trailer is not a bad idea at all! I'm curious as to what they're going to ask for it though.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can get a couple base Raptors here at just a hair under 60k. The TRX starts at 70k, which is a bit of a stretch out of my budget. However, we all know dealers are going to be asking above MSRP for this truck as it is new and everyone wants the latest and greatest. I would imagine it would be a while before anyone can get one under MSRP. Now, the new Wrangler 392 has me very tempted. As someone above stated, that with a utility trailer is not a bad idea at all! I'm curious as to what they're going to ask for it though.

TRX, next Gen Raptor (Gen3), Wrangler 392 - all of them will be well over MSRP for quite a while

Last edited:

Carrotzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Glad
I travel regularly from east coast to west coast and a lot of desert locations (LV, Tonopah, Barstow, Tucson) and I’ve never seen a Raptor or Bronco (real one not the mare) without a huge market allowance. Raptors are way closer to 100k than 50. Raptors are awesome but the magazine articles stating they cost the same is straight up Pravda.
Sponsored