Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hello everyone,

My name is Romina and I am one of the founders of ThinSkinz. We are a family-owned and operated business in Orange County, CA - We invented, design, and manufacture ThinSkinz.

ThinSkinz are hard plastic shields that slide over your car's rear interior passenger doors to protect them from bumps, scratches, and tears from anything you carry in your backseat. Custom-made for your rear doors like perfectly fitted protective shellz. We currently only make them for the rear doors of Jeep JLs and JTs.

Jeep Gladiator ThinSkinz® - Shields for Jeep Gladiator doors TS-Ads-Video10-B-Thumbnail5b

ThinSkinz™ perfectly match your interior panels. Each skin hooks over the sill and securely holds itself on using the entirety of its shape. Laser measured for a precise fit. It takes a second look to tell that there's anything on your door at all!
ThinSkinz-Car_Door-OpenWindowz1_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ stay on securely even with all your windows rolled down and traveling at up to 80 MPH. That's because they fit perfectly just like a second skin (or shell) over your door panels.

ThinSkinz-Car_Door-NoScrews-Adhesives2_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ panels hold themselves securely onto your door by their shape so you won't need to use screws, adhesives or tie-downs.

ThinSkinz-Car_Door-Shovel1_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ are made of tough ABS plastic. Like hard-sided luggage to protect your soft luxurious interiors against spills, bumps, scratches and tears. And evidently, shovels.

ThinSkinz-Car_Door-FeltUnderside1_480x480.jpg

Felt is strategically applied to the underside of ThinSkinz™ panels. This creates an even more snug fit and dampens any rattling so that they remain silent as you drive.

ass-1_e56fd35d-7d27-4c12-ac49-c63c9c557815_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ hook over your door sill but never touch the glass so your windows roll up and down freely. Will not scratch tinted windows.

ThinSkinz-Car_Door-OpenWindowz3a_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ give our special friends the safe space they need in the backseat. Pet owners know that even small claws can easily tear soft-touch surfaces and leather.

ThinSkinz-Car_Door-StyleChoice1_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ are offered in 2 styles, Access™ and Pro™, to suit the way you use your vehicle. Choose your style during checkout.

ThinSkinz-Car_Door-Style02b-ACCESS_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ ACCESS™. Provides superior protection and gives your passengers in the backseat full access to the door handle and lock mechanism so they can let themselves out like normal. Perfect for folks with older kids, rideshare drivers and anyone who often carries passengers!

ThinSkinz-Car_Door-Style01b-PRO_480x480.jpg

ThinSkinz™ PRO™. Covers the entire upper panel including the door handle to provide ultimate protection for anyone who relies on their backseat compartment for rugged work stuff and serious adventure. Ideal for pet owners who may not always carry backseat passengers. Either way, ThinSkinz™ slide on and come off in one second!

Visit our website for more info at www.thinskinz.com
Our IG page is also a great place to get more info and read and watch reviews on www.instagram.com/thin.skinz

Call us or text us at 949-880-6959 or shoot us an email at [email protected] if you have any questions!

Thank you for welcoming us to the JL Forum Community.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Great idea, looks like it would be great for the time you get mud inside and will just have to pull them off, spay them down and reinstall.
I have a dog that slobbers all over the doors but mud sounds cooler ;)

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Great idea, looks like it would be great for the time you get mud inside and will just have to pull them off, spay them down and reinstall.
I have a dog that slobbers all over the doors but mud sounds cooler ;)
hehehe Yup, that darn mud gets all over :)
They are great for dog slobber or drinks from adults that don't know how to adult....
You can spray the Skinz down or simply wipe them off. They help a ton even from getting dust or sand in the panels and between the stitches...

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
AWESOME! First time my dog was in the JTO he tore up the rear door panels with nail marks. I rarely have him in the cab now, which is tough for him because he always road in the prior truck. Great product! 100% on my list to buy. Any discounts for forum members?

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Might have to consider. Sitting up in their car seats, my kids love rubbing their shoes all over the doors after playing at the park.
Wouldn't mind if the material had a little less shine to it. Overall, looks easy and reasonably priced.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Ordered. Are you going to make a front passenger side door skin. My rottie rides shotgun.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
100% recommend these. fast shipping, quality product, and great price. my doors appreciate the complete protection from my dogs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Might have to consider. Sitting up in their car seats, my kids love rubbing their shoes all over the doors after playing at the park.
Wouldn't mind if the material had a little less shine to it. Overall, looks easy and reasonably priced.
Hi. Yes, the ABS plastic from our supplier does come out more glossy than we would have preferred after forming. We're currently working with our thermoformer to find a more matte formula with the same properties (toughness and scratch resistance as the current blend) for the next production run. Please let us know what else we can improve... your comments really help us out.

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
I’ll also chime in with a recommendation. My 100 pound chocolate lab loves riding with me, but his nails, slobber, and hair are tough on my vehicles. Held off putting him in my JT and then found and ordered these. First ride I knew they were the perfect option. Performed great.

And I’ll also second a vote / request for front passenger option (in addition to the email request of the same I sent!). His sister my husky likes that seat best.

Highly satisfied, highly recommend.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers

JesRoll

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport -S
Occupation
IT
A must-have if you need to keep your doors protected. Easy to install, remove, and clean. Best interior accessory I have purchased so far. Plus, the customer service is genuine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.