Sponsored

Thoughts on best inner fender replacement?

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Hoping to get some other views on replacement inner fenders. My concerns are...
1) Coverage at least as good as original.
2) Best clearance.
3) Best value.
4) To Rhino-line for sound dampening and durability?
Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have much to say about the other stuff you asked because it's all subjective. Everyone is going to tell you the one they have on their Jeep is the best and that can range from cheap stuff on Amazon to higher end stuff like Motobilt.

I will say that if you decide to get new inner fenders and they are steel, make sure you have your bump stops set correctly. My first time wheeling, I stuffed my tires up so much into them that they grabbed on to them and twisted them up.

cPBEoOAh.jpg

QTNUmzyh.jpg

OP
OP
CJXJJT

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Thanks for the heads up!

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping to get some other views on replacement inner fenders. My concerns are...
1) Coverage at least as good as original.
2) Best clearance.
3) Best value.
4) To Rhino-line for sound dampening and durability?
Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated.
I have these...

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...num-inner-fender-flare-liners-jl-11615.61.pdf

1) Good coverage at least for the engine bay. Other inner liners will have mesh or gill slats which in my opinion is bad.

2) Instant clearance because you'll be removing the OEM plastic liner. Make sure your bump stops are dialed in as testament to a couple of post above me.

3) Pretty good price compared to other inner metal liners. https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-inner-fender-liners/rgr-11615-61/

4) I supposed you can slap on KilMat on the engine side on the panels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJXJJT

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
I have these...

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...num-inner-fender-flare-liners-jl-11615.61.pdf

1) Good coverage at least for the engine bay. Other inner liners will have mesh or gill slats which in my opinion is bad.

2) Instant clearance because you'll be removing the OEM plastic liner. Make sure your bump stops are dialed in as testament to a couple of post above me.

3) Pretty good price compared to other inner metal liners. https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-inner-fender-liners/rgr-11615-61/

4) I supposed you can slap on KilMat on the engine side on the panels.
Price is right on these for sure.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm not exactly a newb but let's just assume I am for the sake of this thread...

What do these do for you? Ie, what is the point?

(Hopefully this fits with the thread and isn't a hi-jack, please answer OP.)

OP
OP
CJXJJT

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
I'm not exactly a newb but let's just assume I am for the sake of this thread...

Not a problem,
Well that's just exactly what I'm trying to determine. I think they will give better clearance. Be more durable than the flimsy plastic ones, and finally give easier access to components in the engine compartment if I choose the QD type. I have the 35 10.5 Kenda's on oem rims for a narrow stance and I get just a bit of rubbing from time to time.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole

The plastic liners will start flapping around a bit, especially when you lift as more wind gets to them. Larger tires will find the stock liners, and will start eating them. If you are in a hot climate or do a lot of low speed crawling, you can get the liners with vents to help to get the hot air out of the engine bay.

I am in the market for steel/AL liners as well. After the trip to Moab and back, the liners right around the springs/shocks have been flapping into the tires, and are getting worn down/torn up.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The plastic liners will start flapping around a bit, especially when you lift as more wind gets to them. Larger tires will find the stock liners, and will start eating them. If you are in a hot climate or do a lot of low speed crawling, you can get the liners with vents to help to get the hot air out of the engine bay.

I am in the market for steel/AL liners as well. After the trip to Moab and back, the liners right around the springs/shocks have been flapping into the tires, and are getting worn down/torn up.
Thanks! I'm on the stock Rubicon 33s but planning to go with a 2" lift and 35s when I replace them (likely next summer). I like the look of metal inner fenders but never really understood the rationale.
Sponsored