Sponsored

Thoughts on future innovation

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
First off, I'm putting this here sense there doesn't seem to be a generic area on the tech section for talking about engines other than the 3.6 and 3.0 engines.

Having looked at random web pages regarding Jeep in general this evening, I noticed that the idea of having a plug-in hybrid version of the wrangler is apparently still on the horizon, slated for introduction in 2020. Sense the two vehicles share the platform, could we expect the same treatment for the Gladiator?

It honestly seems kinda silly to me that those of us enjoying the great outdoors with our "grownup toys" couldn't get the benefit of these newer designs that in turn could, in theory, extend the range of the vehicle (using the same size gas tank) while at the same time lowering emissions, enabling us to get that much further away from the smoggy cities. Sure more components means more points of failure, but if it could be adapted within a reasonable margin, I don't see why it couldn't improve the driving experience for us by having a larger range as a result.
Sponsored

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Re-tooling for the PHEV JL just started a few weeks ago.