Sponsored

Threaded Roll-Up Tonneau Cover Mounting Holes

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do all Gladis (including those without the stock Roll-Up Tonneau Cover) have the threaded holes in the bed for the four brackets illustrated in the thee pics below? In other words, will the Roll-Up Tonneau Cover bolt on to a Gladi that did not come with the Cover without drilling threaded holes?

pjBlMtQ.jpg

wvpCxMn.jpg

D0NaA1O.jpg

Any information is much appreciated.
Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Yes, all the factory threaded holes are on all the Gladiators, the rear latch holes are under a cutout cover inside the rail cap, you can see the score lines. The front holes and trail cargo rail mounting holes are also present. The dealer installed by Roll-Up Tonneau cover, no drilling required. Install takes about one hour.
Cheers

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, all the factory threaded holes are on all the Gladiators, the rear latch holes are under a cutout cover inside the rail cap, you can see the score lines. The front holes and trail cargo rail mounting holes are also present. The dealer installed by Roll-Up Tonneau cover, no drilling required. Install takes about one hour.
Cheers
Many thanks for the helpful response! I'm selling mine, as I am getting a full-height Softopper, and just wanted to make sure that a purchaser could use it without too many headaches. I assumed this because, as you can see in my pics, I have various threaded holes in different places in the bed that I am not using.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Really funny while trying to figure out how to adjust mine to make it tighter - in short, stretch it back a bit to take the sag out, I had it rolled up completely and looked at the two large torx head bolts up front - man, were the torx drive parts of those heads messed up badly. It's like they had a hexx of a time getting those bolts in or had trouble keeping their bit in the bolt heads. They WILL rust they are so messed up and sharp edges on the holes where their tool slipped and burred the edges of the torx holes in the bolt heads.
I wasn't happy - it was a factory install and looks like total crap.
They should give me new bolts as these look like a teenager who had never used a torx bit tool before put them in. Outrageous to see NEW factory installed bolts like that.

Sacbirds

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Does anyone have the same problems, just got my Gladiator and no threads. I will probably need to buy some nuts to put behind.

Sponsored

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Does anyone have the same problems, just got my Gladiator and no threads. I will probably need to buy some nuts to put behind.
I used nuts on my 2021, but it will not be quick and easy to remove the cover if I need the cover off. Nuts are inexpensive, but it would have been much easier if I didn’t have to put a socket on the nut between the cab and bed.

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
If you purchase a Mopar soft roll up cover for a 2021 it will comes with the required rivet nuts but you will need a tool to install them The rivet nut tool That Amazon sells for like 30 bucks works

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
Does anyone have the same problems, just got my Gladiator and no threads. I will probably need to buy some nuts to put behind
The Mopar soft roll up cover for the 2021 Comes with the required rivet nuts

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 did not have threaded holes but the Rugged ridge soft tri fold came with a bracket that mounted between the cab and bed that the bolts threaded into. They were a L-style bracket.
Sponsored