Sponsored

Three piece hard top question

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I'm in Houston and we get hundreds of inches of water a year (sometimes that much in week). During the heaviest downpour where you have to stop diving on the freeway because you can't see (did I mention it rains a lot here?) I have never had an issue in my JK from the hardtop- My Trektop NX on the other hand would leak occasionally from the area around the front seals against the windshield frame, but only a drop or two in the heavyiest rain. So far no leaks from the JT hardtop or Mopar Softop, but we've been in a dry spell. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll report back.
You stop driving on the highway!? Pretty sure that's illegal here. During whiteouts (rain or snow) we slow down and turn on hazards. I assume you at least pull onto the shoulder.
Sponsored

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
Jesus. Who the hell starts researching two years out? It’s completely asinine with how fast the auto industry is changing....
- Yeah, The Toyota Tacoma is equipped with the technologically advanced drum brakes that were invented 120 years ago.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Jesus. Who the hell starts researching two years out? It’s completely asinine with how fast the auto industry is changing ... Complete waste of time.
Huh? I researched the Gladiator for a full year and the only things that changed were the availability of the color and transmission I ended up ordering (both of which had been announced before launch.)

I'm pretty happy that I wasted my time on that research.

Last edited:

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty happy that I wasted my time on that research.
And obviously after we buy the damn things all we do is keep researching for the next mod! I call a year and a half the beginning of an ongoing quest for bigger, better and more!

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if the three piece hard top if anyone has had any issues with it leaking?
Also does the hard top insulator panel thats an opinion help with keeping heat in, aside from added weight whats the purpose of it?
I am two years out from buying but researching and looking at a gladiator rubicon vs a toyota Tacoma trd offroad or pro. However i really like the idea of a convertible truck.
I would ordered with a hard top and go aftermarket soft top.

Thanks everyone,

Joe
No leaks here - live in Georgia, lots of rain.

Sponsored

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I had a bit of a leak at the middle seam of my last Jeep. It being my third Jeep in my driving life I was used to 'It's a Jeep thing'. Ran some caulk along the seam and the issue went away.

I also LineX'd the interior of my last hard top black. This also had the added benefit of a good amount of sound deadening.
How much was it to LineX the hardtop? Did it do a better job than the headliners?

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
This was a couple years back but the shop charged me about $100 Cdn. I left the top with them which they prepped, taped and did the same black covering that would go on a truck bed.
I've never had headliners in my hardtop but both myself and my wife noticed a definite reduction in sound and it kept heat in.

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
This was a couple years back but the shop charged me about $100 Cdn. I left the top with them which they prepped, taped and did the same black covering that would go on a truck bed.
I've never had headliners in my hardtop but both myself and my wife noticed a definite reduction in sound and it kept heat in.
Thanks for the reply/info.
Sponsored