Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the latest news on my gladiator because my mileage counter came back on again while waiting for the new wiring harness to come in. From the service manager in the district I’m in “ just to let you know they may deny any of this to be a warranty because you have larger tires” i followed Up that statement with the question of “ how larger tires have anything at all to do with the def system” and his response to me “ more stress on a vehicle “ and that was the end of the conversation because my service advisor grabbed me and took me to a new rental . So just a heads up to anyone having any type of problems out there if you have any modifications done you might want to just put it back to stock if you have to see a dealer
If there is another dealer anywhere close Id take my business elsewhere. Any service manager that says crap like that renders the entire shop dead to me until there’s a regime change.

and if your current shop asks why your changing m, be honest. Its good for idiots to know theyre idiots sometimes.

added stress from lager tires on a vehicle made to tow several thousand pounds while simultaneously hauling 1,000+lbs? Kiss my beautifully tanned butt. Just dumb.
Sponsored

OP
OP

txffmedic

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
I had the service def system warning messages with mine. They replaced basically the entire def system (tank, lines, pump, heaters, etc.....) didn't have any issues with def warning after that. Mine was lifted with 37's never had any problem with dealer trying to deny warranty or service......I've read several had wiring issues, fuses not punched down, some were the bad harness/connectors, some were bad ground connections, bad ecu etc.....a couple guys were eventually able to get the chrysler to give them free extended warranties after months of troubles, trials and errors.

However over the course of about 18k miles I can say I never took a trip (700+ miles) when I didn't end up with at least a CEL coming on at some point. Most codes seemed to be emissions outside allowable limits/parameters and would clear themselves after several startup cycles but I honestly lost confidence in it. Loved the truck, the power was great, just couldn't bring myself to gamble with it outside of the warranty period. Dealers were/are paying nearly sticker price for used ones so I shopped it and ended up selling it to a chevy dealer who offered me almost 3k more than I paid for it. If you've lost confidence as I did now would be a good opportunity to try and get your money back out of it.
Im only 2k miles in and they said they got it right this time so I am going to see how it goes. I have time to purchase an extended warranty this time it was a fuse block

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
I had the same issues w/ my 2011 Ford F350. It was in the shop 27 times in the first 12 months I owned it. NoX sensor issues, DEF Issues on and on. I finally did a full delete and tune. Drove the truck for another 8 years+ years and the only other time it went in the shop was for a radiator at 115k miles. Net/Net....the emissions on the new diesels suck! It sucks even worse that the only thing you can do is void your warranty to address it. Good luck.
Sponsored