First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
I custom ordered this diesel gladiator, waited three months, ive had it for two weeks and I got the service def with an engine light. Take it into the dealer. They had the codes P06EB, P06EA, P24AE, P220B, P220A, U029E, U029D, U12A3. Dealer says hey its fixed come get it.
I get in. Service def see dealer. With an engine light. Ive had it two weeks. back to service it went. Curious has anyone else dealt with thise nox codes and had their problem fixed?
Sponsored

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I had a similar situation on the first day of ownership. It was very intermission. Fine one day, Christmas Tree of codes the next.

Turns out, it was simply too much heat shrink over one of the main ECU returns causing resistance to ground.

cj1369

First Name
chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Track Maintainer
Dealer has had mine for two months and they still can’t get it running after “service def system see dealer” they replaced every computer, def tank and a wiring harness and still no go . Extremely aggravating because this was truly my dream truck that i can No longer drive

OP
OP

txffmedic

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
this is my dream build too I sold my wrangler I had built from the ground up. I hope they do something for you bc I went through lemon law before and it was terrible

Dealer has had mine for two months and they still can’t get it running after “service def system see dealer” they replaced every computer, def tank and a wiring harness and still no go . Extremely aggravating because this was truly my dream truck that i can No longer drive

cj1369

First Name
chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Track Maintainer
I had a similar situation on the first day of ownership. It was very intermission. Fine one day, Christmas Tree of codes the next.

Turns out, it was simply too much heat shrink over one of the main ECU returns causing resistance to ground.
Do you know which return it was?

Sponsored

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Do you know which return it was?
There are two bussed returns that go to ground points on the passenger fender, right near the battery. The heat shrink was JUST long enough so that it created an insulator between the lug and the ground point. They peeled all the heat shrink back, re-flowed the solder and put on new heatshrink over top. They also re-flowed the main ground wire at the battery. Haven't had any issue since.

cj1369

First Name
chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Track Maintainer
Well got my gladiator back yesterday. Check eng light and service def system still on but they got the mileage counter off. They have another wiring harness on order and advised me that i shouldn’t Drive it out of town just in case the mileage counter turns back on

OP
OP

txffmedic

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
Well got my gladiator back yesterday. Check eng light and service def system still on but they got the mileage counter off. They have another wiring harness on order and advised me that i shouldn’t Drive it out of town just in case the mileage counter turns back on
Mine came on as soon as I started it when I picked it up at the dealership, they’re saying its the pre fuse block and the part is on backorder for an undetermined amount of time. So my two week old jeep im making payments on is sitting at the dealership.

cj1369

First Name
chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Track Maintainer
Just got the latest news on my gladiator because my mileage counter came back on again while waiting for the new wiring harness to come in. From the service manager in the district I’m in “ just to let you know they may deny any of this to be a warranty because you have larger tires” i followed Up that statement with the question of “ how larger tires have anything at all to do with the def system” and his response to me “ more stress on a vehicle “ and that was the end of the conversation because my service advisor grabbed me and took me to a new rental . So just a heads up to anyone having any type of problems out there if you have any modifications done you might want to just put it back to stock if you have to see a dealer

OP
OP

txffmedic

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
Just got the latest news on my gladiator because my mileage counter came back on again while waiting for the new wiring harness to come in. From the service manager in the district I’m in “ just to let you know they may deny any of this to be a warranty because you have larger tires” i followed Up that statement with the question of “ how larger tires have anything at all to do with the def system” and his response to me “ more stress on a vehicle “ and that was the end of the conversation because my service advisor grabbed me and took me to a new rental . So just a heads up to anyone having any type of problems out there if you have any modifications done you might want to just put it back to stock if you have to see a dealer
They are going to try that but you can fight It. They have to prove the tires are causing the problem.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Lol, they do not have to prove anything, if they deny warranty based on something the owner does not agree with the burden is on the owner to prove it and will most likely have to have legal involvement to have the warranty reinstated.

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I wonder if some of these problems are pre delivery set up at the dealerships. They may top off DEF with a contaminated bottle or something else. I read other threads about dealers using the wrong oil. I have had my share of dealership BS over the years. I drive farther for service when the local shop does not do live up to par. I recently had a Camaro and a Chevy truck oil changes done at a Ford dealership because they had a better Chevy trained mechanic than Chevy locally.

OP
OP

txffmedic

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
I wonder if some of these problems are pre delivery set up at the dealerships. They may top off DEF with a contaminated bottle or something else. I read other threads about dealers using the wrong oil. I have had my share of dealership BS over the years. I drive farther for service when the local shop does not do live up to par. I recently had a Camaro and a Chevy truck oil changes done at a Ford dealership because they had a better Chevy trained mechanic than Chevy locally.
I drive over an hour to take my jeep to a dealer who doesnt try that shit with me. The mod has nothing to do with the problem and they know that theyre just not going to admit they dont know how to fix the problem or find the issue.

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
I had the service def system warning messages with mine. They replaced basically the entire def system (tank, lines, pump, heaters, etc.....) didn't have any issues with def warning after that. Mine was lifted with 37's never had any problem with dealer trying to deny warranty or service......I've read several had wiring issues, fuses not punched down, some were the bad harness/connectors, some were bad ground connections, bad ecu etc.....a couple guys were eventually able to get the chrysler to give them free extended warranties after months of troubles, trials and errors.

However over the course of about 18k miles I can say I never took a trip (700+ miles) when I didn't end up with at least a CEL coming on at some point. Most codes seemed to be emissions outside allowable limits/parameters and would clear themselves after several startup cycles but I honestly lost confidence in it. Loved the truck, the power was great, just couldn't bring myself to gamble with it outside of the warranty period. Dealers were/are paying nearly sticker price for used ones so I shopped it and ended up selling it to a chevy dealer who offered me almost 3k more than I paid for it. If you've lost confidence as I did now would be a good opportunity to try and get your money back out of it.

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
They can test for bad fluid. Dont know specifically how they test it but it is a simple quick test.
Sponsored