First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator Clear coat
Occupation
Self employed
It has been reported that if the phone has a connection to the truck, it will show the speed reported by the truck and not the speed being measured by the app.

A standalone GPS unit is probably the best way to test. Using the mile markers on the side of the freeway is another option. Look for one of those radar signs they deploy in school neighborhoods or construction areas.
This makes sense but just to be clear my GPS app on my phone shows that I'm doing 65 but my truck Says 62. But I'll give these instructions a shot as well
Sponsored

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I went round and round with the same issue. I ended up programming (as close as possible) as what ever the spec of the tire is. I tried the exact measurement method but the actual tire spec worked the best for me.
After multiple rounds of adjusting and test driving... I finally found the setting that got me spot on with GPS. For a Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT in 315/70r17 = 33.89!

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Wish I could get the Tazer setting to stick. I've done it multiple times and sleep cycled it at least twice each time and I still can't get it to stick. Any thoughts or tips on what finally worked for you would be appreciated. Thanks

ScottsJT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon, 09 JK 2 door
Occupation
Firefighter
Wish I could get the Tazer setting to stick. I've done it multiple times and sleep cycled it at least twice each time and I still can't get it to stick. Any thoughts or tips on what finally worked for you would be appreciated. Thanks
Just a thought, have you saved the tire setting after changing the tire size? I tried this three times before I realized I had to save the tire size before I got it to work!

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Just a thought, have you saved the tire setting after changing the tire size? I tried this three times before I realized I had to save the tire size before I got it to work!
Hey thanks for the idea. I'll bite, how do I save the setting? I have not been saving I just scrolled to reboot after putting in my size. I'll see what I can find in the directions, which are not the best in my mind. Thanks again.

EDIT: Okay the saving the setting thing works. I feel pretty stupid. But the directions are pretty crappy for this device. Once you start to understand how it works they make perfect sense but until then not so much. And yes I know it says on page 7 to make sure and save........ Thanks to @ScottJT Love this forum.

Last edited:

ScottsJT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon, 09 JK 2 door
Occupation
Firefighter
Hey thanks for the idea. I'll bite, how do I save the setting? I have not been saving I just scrolled to reboot after putting in my size. I'll see what I can find in the directions, which are not the best in my mind. Thanks again.

Glad you got it to work. Sorry I am just now getting back on here. The Tazer Mini is a great product, but could be better with more instructions!
Sponsored