First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geologist
lol - I have been thinking this over and over and I think I am going to go with a full rack. I rather have the height and a clear line of site and I like to retain all the space in the bed.
I was thinking the same thing. Would be easier to carry the kayak and SUP as well over the cab.
Sponsored

Gladog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Has anyone installed this rack and cover? Contemplating pulling the trigger

OP
OP
celkins7072

celkins7072

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geologist
Has anyone installed this rack and cover? Contemplating pulling the trigger
I installed the JCR half rack and Access Literider cover. They work well together but sometimes the cover is hard to roll up. JCR has videos on youtube that show the full height rack makes it easier to roll up the Literider.

The half rack does put the rack bars right in your review mirror sight line. I can deal with this as I have a tent on the way.

Pictures attached

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5145 (2).jpg

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner
I installed the JCR half rack and Access Literider cover. They work well together but sometimes the cover is hard to roll up. JCR has videos on youtube that show the full height rack makes it easier to roll up the Literider.

The half rack does put the rack bars right in your review mirror sight line. I can deal with this as I have a tent on the way.

Pictures attached

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover to fit with bed rack IMG_5145 (2)

Thought you were going with full height . Looks good though.

OP
OP
celkins7072

celkins7072

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geologist
Thought you were going with full height . Looks good though.
I was but I have a roof top tent coming soon and didn't want it to be too high. I am making some racks for the kayaks and will post them in a few weeks.

Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
I was but I have a roof top tent coming soon and didn't want it to be too high. I am making some racks for the kayaks and will post them in a few weeks.
Ive got a half rack as well. I used some bars from Home Depot that have holes all the way down with some L brackets. Created just a single cross bar level with the roof, so the kayak can rest on the roof and down to the cross bar.
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover to fit with bed rack 1BFDEAB0-5609-4E02-A0BC-452C0487FA52

That’s half of the build, missing some bolts but it’s pretty simple and sturdy once secured. I intend it more for support than tying down the kayak to. I’ll secure the kayak to the half rack of course. Just going to paint it and probably pad the top with the ever useful pool noodle.

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Nuthouse Industries has one...not totally sold on the design of the rack, its a bit crude, but they at least have a solution.

https://nuthouseindustries.com/?s=gladiator

hope that helps!
I actually kinda like this rugged rack...super expensive and the add-ons are rediculous.....but the square tubular frame, sitting above the truck bed with option to do a tonneau cover as well......I think that's a great start.....You can mount just about anything to 2" square tubes
Sponsored