First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram truck
Occupation
retiered
I toaded my jk and jku 4 wheels down behind my motor home using a blue ox base and tow bar, On my jt I am thinking of going aftermarket bumper with lugs that match my blueox tow bar ,Is any one toading on an aftermarket bumper , or any suggestions

THANKS
brianj
Sponsored

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
I'm in the same boat: we tow our 2017 JKU using a Blue Ox base plate connected to an NSA Ready Brute Elite tow bar. I'm trying to decide if I want to put a Blue Ox base plate on the JT, or go with an appropriate bumper with Blue Ox adapters. I know the base plate would be in the $450 range - don't know how much it would cost for a good bumper and adapters. In either case I need to add the brake cables for the Ready Brute Elite tow bar.

Romenator

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Lanch Addition
Occupation
CPA
Same issue. Went wit a rock hard front bumper with built in blue ox tow tabs and lv it. The bumper is winged so better front tire clearance as well
Jeep Gladiator towing 4 down 84E7A82B-6368-48AC-BB07-43CFB9935A08

OP
OP

tncruiser

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram truck
Occupation
retiered
I'm in the same boat: we tow our 2017 JKU using a Blue Ox base plate connected to an NSA Ready Brute Elite tow bar. I'm trying to decide if I want to put a Blue Ox base plate on the JT, or go with an appropriate bumper with Blue Ox adapters. I know the base plate would be in the $450 range - don't know how much it would cost for a good bumper and adapters. In either case I need to add the brake cables for the Ready Brute Elite tow bar.

OP
OP

tncruiser

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram truck
Occupation
retiered
the jku uses the same base plate, regretfully I sold mine when I sold my jku
brianj

Sponsored

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
x2 for the rockhard (i went aluminum). i have the NSA Hercules bar with blue ox attachments.

Jeep Gladiator towing 4 down IMG_20200518_191620

IMG_20200522_112708.jpg

IMG_20200522_112721.jpg

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I went with the Maximus-3 towing brackets. They just arrived after a month on backorder. I don't like the way the other base plates hang down so low with a crossbar (Blue Ox, Demco, Roadmaster). On my previous JK, I used the Currie Rockjock towbar mount/skid plate. I loved it. It kept the mount below the bumper, but protected. That way I didn't have to use as big of a hitch riser on my lifted Jeep, the only thing I don't like about the bumper options. I see now that Currie makes the same thing for the JL/JT. I haven't really checked it out. Too late anyway, I'll be setting up the Maximus system in the next few days.
Sponsored